V6 Tranny in V8

In this case just use the stock V8 Flexplate which is 164tooth.

94-95 5.0L 5spd: 157tooth Flywheel
94-95 5.0L Auto: 164tooth Flexplate
94-04 3.8L 5spd: 164tooth Flywheel
94-04 3.8L Auto: 164tooth Flexplate

As you see this is why you can mount a V6 Auto behind a V8 with no modifications but when you want to use a 3.8L Bellhousing you need a different flywheel. Because the 3.8L bell is made for a big flywheel than the GTs.

I knew there was some difference between the 5.0 and 3.8 bell. :) Why would they put a "5.0" stamp on them if it was the same as a 3.8? ;)

• Sponsors (?)

actually i haven't even bought it yet so i'm out nothing yet! It's 450$ canadian for the whole car. But ok so the flywheel won't fit because the starter. Could i not just take the V6 starter and use that? Like i'm using a 164 tooth flywheel right now since the tranny is a V6 tranny so what's the difference? And on ebay i did some looking around and the bellhousings are cheap but don't have a flywheel with them.

Okay well not trying to discourage you at all. I'm pretty sure you could get a decent used v8 t5 with bellhousing attached plus a computer for about that price. Perhaps there will be other good body parts etc. you can pull off the car that will make thatt worthwhile for you considering it's not a bad price. Much luck to you.

Guys i was thining about it and there's something i just can't understand still. My car is using a v6 transmission right now. and i would assume a biffer V6 flywheel since the other one doesn't fit. So why would putting another V6 system right behind the motor not work??

so let me get this straight..
You have a 5.0L V8 in your car now with the V6 Auto Tranny in it.
If thats so the Auto V6 and V8 use the same size Flexplate.

But when your going to a 5spd the tranny part is fine just find yourself a 94-95 Flywheel and 94-95 Bellhousing for a V8 and you will be good to go.

Not insulating your intellegence but you do know theres a difference between a flexplate and flywheel right?

Im kinda new to this mustang thing i lucked into a pretty nice mustang had some paint issues when i got it but im sorting that out the big problem is its v6 04 3.9l 5speed i was wondering if the bell housing will fit the 95 5.0l if could someone tell me what i would need to do that swap ik i need engine mounts wireing harness ecu but i want a 5.0 in this thing please help