V8 dream is dying...

• Sponsors (?)

Are you kidding me? Unless you do it yourself, it's not worth it. Going from a v6 to a v8 is a pain. It's a lot easier going from a 305 to a 350 or something. (chevy) It would be more worth it to sell the car and get something with a v8. Seriously, don't waste your money. That swap will cost you as much as your car is worth almost. Whenever you go and sell your car, your not going to get that money back. Be smart about it. Get something else, or keep the 6. Unless your some serious racer...

Question said:
Are you kidding me? Unless you do it yourself, it's not worth it. Going from a v6 to a v8 is a pain. It's a lot easier going from a 305 to a 350 or something. (chevy) It would be more worth it to sell the car and get something with a v8. Seriously, don't waste your money. That swap will cost you as much as your car is worth almost. Whenever you go and sell your car, your not going to get that money back. Be smart about it. Get something else, or keep the 6. Unless your some serious racer...

Yeah, this is what I have decided to do.. I am not a serious street racer; this is my daily driver. I don't have the $$$ it would take to pay to have it done. For that money, I'll keep my V6 as a commuter and get my '97 rio red Cobra convertible for the weekends. In the meantime, while I'm in college, I will just be glad I have something with a horse on it instead of a honda or toyota like just about every other college student's mommy and daddy bought them. It may not be a V8, but it still looks good enough to have won 5 trophys at various shows.. more to come next spring!

RED98 said:
Yeah, this is what I have decided to do.. I am not a serious street racer; this is my daily driver. I don't have the $$$ it would take to pay to have it done. For that money, I'll keep my V6 as a commuter and get my '97 rio red Cobra convertible for the weekends. In the meantime, while I'm in college, I will just be glad I have something with a horse on it instead of a honda or toyota like just about every other college student's mommy and daddy bought them. It may not be a V8, but it still looks good enough to have won 5 trophys at various shows.. more to come next spring!
that how it is for me...minus the whole trophy thing...

98_stang_guy said:
that how it is for me...minus the whole trophy thing...

yeah yeah.. well, I can't brag about my car's performance, so I might as well have something! Car shows are pretty fun though, I have picked up a lot of good ideas there. I used to park in the parking lot, figuring my car wasn't worth entering, then I saw cars of my year that were not nearly as nice looking picking up trophys, so I figured, well, why not? :nice:

my engine bay is ssssssoooooooooooooooo filthy...i live out in the country and i work construction, its damn near impossible to keep that clean. there is always parties in a field or when im working (during the summer when im not at school) the job sites always have dust all over the place, so i gave up on detailing the engine...

RED98 said:

I'm glad to hear your making the right decision. :cheers:

Kepp your eyes open for parts and a good deal, I have a friend that cant change his oil, but he likes fast cars, he found a totalled 97 cobra for 2500 dollars, bought it, paid a mechanic 2300 dollars and had his v6 now a cobra, for 4800 bucks. Not really what I would do, but an option, he pays v6 insurance for a cobra.....