Engine Valve Cover Clearance With Crane Cobra 1.72 Rr's

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I plan on installing a set of 1993 Cobra style Crane 1.72's with a TFS1 cam. Will these clear under the cast style OEM valve covers? Does the baffle need to be removed?

Or are the 1993+ stamped style covers needed to clear? These are pretty fugly however.

What about the various aftermarket covers? The standard "Powered by ford" covers made for EFI cars? Do those have extra internal volume to clear the 1.72's?

• Sponsors (?)

should be fine. I have ford racing 1.6 rockers with a tfs1 cam under oem chromed valve covers with the baffle removed and felpro blue rubber gaskets and no clearance problem. worse case is uf you do get some interference on mock up get the felpro double thick cork valve cover gaskets.

I am facing a similar issue. I have 1.6 rockers that originally hit the cover with a comp xe274 cam. It was grinded out to clear. However since then I had to do head gaskets. Now I would like to rassemble the motor with 1.6 on intake and 1.7 on exauset for better air scavenging and I'm running stock valve covers over AFR 185 cc heads. The intake is a trick flow with no spacer. I ordered a 3/8 phelonic spacer but haven't got the heads back from machine shop yet. I hope the 1.7s clear like my 1.6 do. I don't want to buy tall valve covers beacsue they supposedly will not clear the upper plenum on the driver's side valve cover. Any advice? Will the 3/8 intake spacer solve that if I get tall covers?