Vert Chassis Hits Carwash Rail

wht-v6-vert

Banned
Jul 6, 2005
When I ran my new convertable though my favorite car wash something on the bottom of the car hit the conveyer rail with a loud bang over and over. I couldn't find anything wrong with the car, Ford says there is nothing wrong and the Carwash guy says his gear is in great shape. It wasn't a one shot deal, every time I have used that carwash the same thing happens.

I've switched carwashes (reluctantly), and was wondering if the convertables have clearance issues.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

• Sponsors (?)

Nope. It really isn't a good idea to take a vert through the automated washes at all. But that is just my opinion.

Hand wash and wax only, even on the coupe.

~J~

LOL!! Very nice.. Made a big noise once, and you take it back.. Made the same noise!! LOL!! Does it need to rip the top off before you will not go back?

Just glad it didnt rip..

Jenn

Nice front grill.. When did you get that done?

MSP said:
LOL!! Very nice.. Made a big noise once, and you take it back.. Made the same noise!! LOL!! Does it need to rip the top off before you will not go back?

Just glad it didnt rip..

Jenn

Nice front grill.. When did you get that done?

Thanks MSP. I installed the driving lamps in March.

normal_IM000631.JPG

Just tinted the front corner blinkers this weekend.

Jenn

I take my convertible to a car wash once a month because they do a carnuba hand wax. I know doing it myself might be better, but I figure a car wash hand wax is better than no hand wax at all and I'm not entirely inclined to spend the time to do it myself. Anyway... back on subject, I have never had an issue with the clearance at my local carwash.