Expired Very Custom 1990 Roadster Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennettracing

Founding Member
Aug 26, 2002
Ava, MO
I haven't been very active on these forums in several years, but I'm hoping the community I once spent a lot of time with can help me out and make a connection to sell my 1990 Roadster foxbody. I picked up this car as a 4cyl vert with an automatic transmission, and over the last 10 years (and sadly over $8500 invested...), I worked at converting this car into a GT clone with a custom twist.

This project still needs some work and time invested, but I'm moving and have to find it a new home quickly. The car runs and drives, but since it isn't yet completed, it should certainly be hauled to it's new garage instead of driven. Some things I've already completed are:
  • Engine swap to a mild carb'd 302 engine with a new Edelbrock carb.
  • Trans swap to a T-5 manual transmission, with all the appropriate cables and pedals.
  • Upgraded the rear end to an 8.8" rear. I honestly don't recall the ratio, but I believe it was 3.73:1.
  • New rear axles, and a full 5-lug conversion.
  • Full custom exhaust, with long-tube headers and an H-pipe.
  • Lowering springs and aftermarket rear control arms.
  • Several thousand dollars worth of professional body work, as can be seen in the photos. I'm thinking the roll bar needs removed, as it doesn't look nearly as good as I thought it would. There is absolutely no rust anywhere on this vehicle.
The car still needs:
  • Wheels - I just picked up some cheap rollers from the tire shop after converting it to 5-lug, and they aren't pretty!
  • Interior - All the factory interior panels I still have will be included, along with a new black carpet set. The interior panels are red in color, which may not look the best with the orange exterior.
  • Wiring - The only wiring I've completed is for basic operations, so while it runs and drives, you'll need to do some work before having lights and other features. All factory harnesses will be included with the sale however.
I'm sure there will be many around that think I've ruined this car with all the customization, but I just wanted to build a show car that was radically different than everything else I was seeing on the road. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of the car though, as I've never really shown it off to anybody on here. If you're interested, I'm asking only $3000 cash for the car because I need it to move, and the buyer will be responsible for pickup from Ava, MO. I have a clean and clear title in hand.

I have a clean and clear title in hand for anyone interested, please send me a PM through the Stangnet forums and I'll respond to you as soon as I can.

• Sponsors (?)

I love everything you've done with it so far, and would be all over it if I had somewhere to park another project right now. Good luck with sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.