Vinyl Or Paint Lemans Stripes

Do I use vinyl or paint for lemans stripe ?

• Vinyl

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Paint

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MyJ4Stang

Apr 19, 2016
Have a 2016 Ecoboost Deep Impact Blue Mustang and I want to put 8 inch lemans stripes on vehicle. Do I use 3M vinyl or spend for the paint stripe version ?

image.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

You may get bumped because this is the "Classic Mustang" section of the forum but IMO I prefer paint cause its easier to get a smooth line transition. Vinyl takes a lot of clear coat and sanding/buffing to not be able to feel that edge of the vinyl.

I had white vinyl stripes on the car when I bought it and removed them. They crack and cause uneven paint fade. I miss them... They looked cool, but I'm being stationed out in the desert when I get back from this short tour, so I didn't want them to get too attached to the paint and not be able to take them off later (time and temp). I'd get them painted on if you want to spend the $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd do the vinyl. It's cheaper, removable, and can be easily replaced. You won't be able to tell the difference from a foot away.

They should not crack or peel. if they do then I would suggest that brand used is not a good one. I've seen entire cars wrapped for 5 or more years with no cracking or peeling.

Have the Ford dealership apply them if they have someone who is accustomed to installing them.

It's true that there will be paint fade but that goes for anything that is partially protected from the sun. How much fade will be determined by where your car sits. Garaged cars will obviously show less fade than non.