vortech ( check engine light )

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
started my car and check engine light came on , code 0453 EVAP pressure sensor HIGH , somebody has had to had this problem besides me , vortech said might be vapor hose on tank loose but i check them and they are fine

HELP ???????????

• Sponsors (?)

I really am not sure what could be causing that, but the main thing that comes to my mind is... could you have possibly cracked one of the hard lines that are connected to the vapor canisters when you dropped your tank?? Also, I know when I was putting my tank back I almost pinched those hoses because i had pulled them out of the little clips. Those lines are fairly brittle so it is a possiblity.

yea im going to pull it back down , but wouldnt a cracked line say it was low pressure , code 453 says pressure is too high , if the plug came off could it give a high reading or does that trigger a different code ??

hose configuration ?? i installed the blow off valve just as the instructions said , just not in the location it said because of the room i had but i made sure to have it in the same direction of air flow ?, the code says the fuel tank pressure is high ??? i figured this was from the sensor on the gas tank

i routed it back to the intake of the blower but the valve itself is under the tube going to the engine rather than being right beneath the inlet for the blower , too much crap in the way under the blower to mount it there , but i did install it in the same direction of air flow

Yes, Well I really did not need to have any tuning done because I am running the Steeda tune. But, I took my car to Kauffman Motorsports in Pa to have my subframe connectors welded in, and to run it on the dyno to verify my A/F. I highly recomend them, but they might be a little further away from you then Cheasepeake. It was about a 3.5 hour drive for me,and I think I am about 80 miles north of you.