Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like the diaphragm assembly could act as a seal. Check out this exploded view from Tials website
http://www.tialsport.com/documents/explodedmvr.pdf

I know it's not the exact same model as yours but should be similar. You have the V44, right?
I looked closer at mine and the outer edge of the diaphragm sure does seal the housing. That should be good to go. I'm just waiting on my other spring and then I can see how she rips with the gate operating properly.

Reactions: 2 users
I put about 100 miles on the car this weekend. For a car that isn't making boost like it apparently should, this thing friggen rips. Aside from a squeaky left front caliper, it has been perfect so far. It was in the high 80's all weekend and the car had no trouble keeping cool in traffic.

I am going to wire up the relays for the fan and water pump so I can manually turn them on without the ignition needing to be on. When the engine is at about 200 degrees and I shut it off in weather like this, the water temp rises another 20 degrees before starting to cool back down. When I let the fan and pump run with the engine off for about 3-4 minutes, it comes right back down to 165 degrees. Once I wire in my alarm system I can set an output on the remote to turn the pump and fan on or off as I choose. I just prefer to get the engine temps down so the engine bay doesn't bake itself in a parking lot. I can't exactly leave it with the hood open when I go into a restaurant to eat dinner.

It's weird driving a fox with 3.27 gears. 5th is of no use until at least 60 mph. I cruise at 70mph at less than 2000rpm. The sound of the turbo spooling is just heavenly, so I have a hard time keeping my foot out of it. I'm excited to get that other spring in the gate to see if it acts much differently.

Oh, she handles real well too, even with the drag radials in the back. I'm excited to get some some seat time. There are a couple of interior rattles I need to hunt down, but it's a fox, so whatever.

38f25a839a19caada9f9613f8a805723.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
If someone offered me exactly what I put into the car, I would still probably turn them down. I don't think I could ever repeat this effort again, and this car is also my first car, so the sentimental level is pretty high on this one.

Reactions: 2 users
Glad to see you moving in the right direction and getting some miles on the car! I can't wait to see this again now that it is all buttoned up! Well done as usual!!
You going to be out at the American Muscle Show in a few weeks? I'll be there and I know @TOOLOW91 was planning on going as well

Glad to see you moving in the right direction and getting some miles on the car! I can't wait to see this again now that it is all buttoned up! Well done as usual!!
You going to be out at the American Muscle Show in a few weeks? I'll be there and I know @TOOLOW91 was planning on going as well
If all works out bro I'll be there with the car
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438689373.662943.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users

Thanks Nick! I am registered for the show, so I definitely plan on going. There is a group cruising from the Holiday Inn in Morgantown, so I may ride in with them. As long as the car behaves, I'm driving the whole way, otherwise I'll trailer it to the show. I'll get in touch with you to see where you plan on setting up for the show.

Last edited:
Thanks Nick! I am registered for the show, so I definitely plan on going. There is a group cruising from the Holiday Inn in Morgantown, so I may ride in with them. As long as the car behaves, I'm driving the whole way, otherwise I'll trailer it to the show. I'll get in touch with you to see where you plan on setting up for the show.
I'll have my 2015 in the Vortech booth, where that is exactly going to be located is to be determined :shrug:
Either way, I'll be there and we'll have to meet up somewhere in the sea of pandemonium, lol. Last I heard they were expecting 10,000 cars? or maybe people? time will tell

Reactions: 1 user
There was 3200 cars last year it was nuts . I'll clog your thread on more time with a pic or 4 lol . Pa turnpike was mustangs as far as we could see
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438701539.376520.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438701456.119469.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438701479.040381.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438701508.108882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

New wastegate spring is here. If I'm not feeling too lazy today, I'll put it in. The combo of my existing spring and the new spring should make the gate open in the 13 psi range. I'm interested to see how she behaves afterwards!