Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

• Sponsors (?)

good day for some pics ....just wondering i see you have afr 185s did you upgrade the rocker arm studs to ARP studs. I ended up doing this upgrade after breaking one, then researching the problem on the interweb i read of many others with broken afr heads rocker studs too you might wanna consider this.

Last edited:
Breaking news guys!! Scott decided to change directions with his build and traded his mediocre GT straight up for this head turner!

50201.jpg

:rlaugh:

Reactions: 2 users
good day for some pics ....just wondering i see you have afr 185s did you upgrade the rocker arm studs to ARP studs. I ended up doing this upgrade after breaking one, then researching the problem on the interweb i read of many others with broken afr heads rocker studs too you might wanna consider this.

I do believe the studs were upgraded along with the springs. I'll have to check the paperwork. Thanks for the info though!

Here are some updated pictures. The hood is 2" steel. I didn't want to deal with a fiberglass hood. This thing is never going to fly off.
DSC_3071_zpscf1bc64c.jpg

DSC_3073_zps8331f42e.jpg

DSC_3077_zpsdc23cf68.jpg

Interior shots. Yes, saggy map pockets. Nothing some Velcro won't fix for now. I do plan on getting some upholstery work done to them down the road. It's not in the cards right now though.
DSC_3084_zps8985b06c.jpg

DSC_3081_zpsc9a613c3.jpg

DSC_3085_zpsf44f0795.jpg

DSC_3088_zps71350de6.jpg

I still have a few odds and ends to finish up inside, but it's real close.

Reactions: 2 users
OK, this is the way I see the difference between our two cars:

I'll give myself credit, we both have really nice cars. The difference between them though is your level of perfection. Mine gets hand grenade close, and I'm good. Your's on the other hand, is a sniper's head shot from a 1/2 mile away. So perfect, and so damn deadly.
It shows in every pic you post. I always want that, I just never seem to get there. Great work, great looking car.I say you could rightfully expect not just to make a mag with this thing, this is a cover car.

Reactions: 1 user
love the interior!!! kinda like mine different colors tho superclean and basic i decided not to do all those billet switches and billet dials and knobs etc in the interior too

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

I'll give myself credit, we both have really nice cars. The difference between them though is your level of perfection. Mine gets hand grenade close, and I'm good. Your's on the other hand, is a sniper's head shot from a 1/2 mile away. So perfect, and so damn deadly.
It shows in every pic you post. I always want that, I just never seem to get there. Great work, great looking car.I say you could rightfully expect not just to make a mag with this thing, this is a cover car.

This is true but for those just coming into this thread:

Both cars are being built to the level that was planned from their VERY beginnings. That sirs, is the portion that really impresses the hell out of me. For these projects, I got to see everything from the initial conversation when it's about the idea.

Now, I'd seen Mike's last build... So I kinda knew what to expect in regards to TALK vs. DO. Let's just say that there's at least 90% more from the concept car (which in Mike's case is a discussion) to the actual product, than what makes it over from car manufacturers. In other words: Mike dreams it and then you get to see it.

On Race's car... When this all began I read the conversation and looked at the pics and thought:

Ahhhh.... Another dude with
HUGE dreams and a bit of knowledge.
Should be interesting.
:think:

Who knew that Race was going to to DO everything he said he wanted to do??? What's more, put completely to shame any brand new factory Fox (You know... Holy Grail fragments), with any dreamed up bolt-on you could manage. Sure... it's still a Ford but genetically engineered to be superior!

I've never seen anything like either one of you guys. ^THIS^ is why reality car shows bore me.

Reactions: 1 users

Both cars are being built to the level that was planned from their VERY beginnings. That sirs, is the portion that really impresses the hell out of me. For these projects, I got to see everything from the initial conversation when it's about the idea.

Now, I'd seen Mike's last build... So I kinda knew what to expect in regards to TALK vs. DO. Let's just say that there's at least 90% more from the concept car (which in Mike's case is a discussion) to the actual product, than what makes it over from car manufacturers. In other words: Mike dreams it and then you get to see it.

On Race's car... When this all began I read the conversation and looked at the pics and thought:

Should be interesting.

Who knew that Race was going to to DO everything he said he wanted to do??? What's more, put completely to shame any brand new factory Fox (You know... Holy Grail fragments), with any dreamed up bolt-on you could manage. Sure... it's still a Ford but genetically engineered to be superior!

I've never seen anything like either one of you guys. ^THIS^ is why reality car shows bore me.
Yeah....EXACTLY what he said. ^^^

Where can I get me some fancy hood lift supports like you have?

Can't really recline those seats much can you?

Redline tuning. I have their hatch struts too. Really nice stuff. And no, the seats won't recline because of the cross bar in the back. This isn't the kind of car you take a nap in anyway!

Thanks a lot Mike. You take things fully out of the box though. I have some unique touches here and there on my car, but both of your most recent builds have been waaaaaay out there in terms of uniqueness. It's very entertaining to see you do things others never have before.

Should be interesting.

Thanks Noobz. I knew what I wanted as an end result, and I was pretty determined to get there no matter how long it took. It's nice to be close to the end.

Scott, after driving my coupe around for about 15 minutes today I'll say this about the IRS... you're gonna LOVE IT. Given my mods to the suspension before the swap (listed below) and driving it around with the SRA vs. the little driving I've done on it since, I'm jealous of your setup with the coilovers and can't wait to get mine.

It's amazing that I can feel with tons of rigidity the bumps on the front but when the rear goes over them it's pillow soft and yet I still know exactly what the rear is doing. I know there will be more feedback in the front given the upgrades I've done but still I can tell that the springs are way too harsh and I can't wait for a coil over kit properly damped in the front. The rear also needs the coil over kit so as to raise the ride height some (I cut the springs too much) and to have the wheel rates properly setup. If the IRS upgrade is this nice right off the bat, I can't imagine how bad ass it will be when I get it like yours. I do still get wheel hop (worse than the SRA for sure) in 1st gear with anything other than a mild roll on with my very mild 5.0 so I know my next upgrades after the C/O kit are the control arm bushings (upper/lower for the IRS) and the cross axis joints.

Either way, it's nice and tight and I love the IRS on the back, I just need to finish it up and go all out like you did. Care to write a sponsor check? I've got tons of room for stickers.

Front:
MM Solid rack bushings
poly front control arm bushings
moog ball joints
tokico blue struts
MAC C/C plates
poly sway bushings & end links
Eibach sportlines
13" Cobra 5 lug

Rear: (before IRS)
SVE upper/lower control arms
Eibach sportlines
old and busted (dead) monroe shocks
sn-95 axle & 5 lug disk

Rear: (now with IRS)
stock 3.55
stock bilstien
1 coil cut off stock springs
poly subframe mount bushings
poly diff mount bushings

Awesome. I'm glad you like how it performs. I may be taking the car for a spin around the block next week, so I'm pretty excited to see how it handles turns and bumps. Maximum Motorsports spec'd out some pretty high spring rates for me, so I'm curious to see how harsh the ride is. I may need to softer springs, but we'll see.

I told them that mine is a street car so ride quality is important, but I do want some handling capabilities. They suggested 275lb front and 475lb rear springs. I don't know enough about proper spring rates to question it, so I'll wait and see how they perform.