Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

Suck or not, I can't unsee what you have done!

I'll be sanding and buffing, smh. Oh well, it won't take for ever and it looks so nice.

What grit did you start with?
The bends of the bassani pipes were rough, so I hit them with 100 to start. Everything else started at 180 and then went up to 1000.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I think this is the first time I've used the cover since buying it two years ago.

d77e2eb60de25139731ec3d9f6d61e69.jpg

Anyone actually know how to remove the thing without introducing dirt to the underside of the cover?

Reactions: 2 users
I never put it on a dirty car , I roll it from end to end, usually terminating at the top of the hatch, and then fold it in half and I store it in the hatch.

I realized it actually had a tag showing how to fold it up. duh. Basically said to fold it up towards the center of the car so it becomes almost like a racing stripe down the whole length of the car, then fold it from each end until it sits like a nice square on the top of the roof. Works for me!

Shot the top coat this weekend. Nothing but some simple Eastwood Chassis Black paint. I also hit the subframe connectors with some hammered texture paint. That will be the same finish on the roll bar inside the car.

DSC_0834.jpg

DSC_0833.jpg

DSC_0835-1.jpg

I'll be spraying the bedliner by the weekend, weather permitting.
Ok Scott, I know this is an old post, but I've been reading through this.....I must be sick.....I want to do this to my blue car, I almost feel like I should now.

How fun to be able to do this much work to a car and not be overly worried about a timetable. I'm jealous, yet happy you were able to do so much. Good job brother.

Only time will tell if you made me a psychotic padawan of yours or not.

Ok Scott, I know this is an old post, but I've been reading through this.....I must be sick.....I want to do this to my blue car, I almost feel like I should now.

How fun to be able to do this much work to a car and not be overly worried about a timetable. I'm jealous, yet happy you were able to do so much. Good job brother.

Only time will tell if you made me a psychotic padawan of yours or not.
Awww Strawberry, you on another one of your Vietnam trips man?

Stop reading other peoples threads Dave, you'll have bad dreams. Especially one from the lifestyles of the rich and famous like this one.
(I mean everybody can have "Champagne wishes, and caviar dreams", but you and I drink beer and whiskey);)

I used to think that I could build a similar car to this guy but gave up on that 3 years ago. (when I started).

Nobody,....(let me repeat that) Nobody, has the sphincter muscles that Scott has. He get's that from all of the iso-exercises he does every single time he get's out a tool to start doing something to the "overly anal" perfection that his car is.

Look at it this way, put into context.

In the late 1400's there were several renaissance painters that could be could be called "Masters". Plenty of guys painting fat baby cherubs hanging around equally fat assed bit ches all with last names ending in the letter "a","i", and "o". Matter of fact, Wikipedia lists like 20 of those guys whose paintings are hanging in some gallery in Europe right now.
Now consider for every "Master," there were probably another 100 or so that did really great stuff that never got seen because they lacked the right tools, didn't have the funds, the facility, or they simply didn't know whose salad needed tossing.

And out of all those guys during that time there was only one Michaelangelo.

One guy, committed to laying on his back, painting his masterpiece for... (segway to similarity here) 4 years!

So, bringing it back around,......we, as mere mortals, can attempt to copy Scott, but there'll never be a build on the same level. It's similar to another comment I made somewhere back before the Monster was even a gleam in my eye.

Scott is a brain surgeon,......I'm a guy with a headache and a butter knife.

Reach for the stars Dave, but keep your feet firmly planted on the ground. I still have a Sistine chapel I need painted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Awww Strawberry, you on another one of your Vietnam trips man?

Stop reading other peoples threads Dave, you'll have bad dreams. Especially one from the lifestyles of the rich and famous like this one.
(I mean everybody can have "Champagne wishes, and caviar dreams", but you and I drink beer and whiskey);)

I used to think that I could build a similar car to this guy but gave up on that 3 years ago. (when I started).

Nobody,....(let me repeat that) Nobody, has the sphincter muscles that Scott has. He get's that from all of the iso-exercises he does every single time he get's out a tool to start doing something to the "overly anal" perfection that his car is.

Look at it this way, put into context.

In the late 1400's there were several renaissance painters that could be could be called "Masters". Plenty of guys painting fat baby cherubs hanging around equally fat assed bit ches all with last names ending in the letter "a","i", and "o". Matter of fact, Wikipedia lists like 20 of those guys whose paintings are hanging in some gallery in Europe right now.
Now consider for every "Master," there were probably another 100 or so that did really great stuff that never got seen because they lacked the right tools, didn't have the funds, the facility, or they simply didn't know whose salad needed tossing.

And out of all those guys during that time there was only one Michaelangelo.

One guy, committed to laying on his back, painting his masterpiece for... (segway to similarity here) 4 years!

So, bringing it back around,......we, as mere mortals, can attempt to copy Scott, but there'll never be a build on the same level. It's similar to another comment I made somewhere back before the Monster was even a gleam in my eye.

Scott is a brain surgeon,......I'm a guy with a headache and a butter knife.

Reach for the stars Dave, but keep your feet firmly planted on the ground. I still have a Sistine chapel I need painted.

Yeah Mike, I knew I was losing grip with reality when I saw the pictures of the car turned on its side with a home made rotisserie. Then followed these beautiful pictures of the undercarriage stripped, painted black, and the part where Rod Serling stepped out and seam sealed the whole undercarriage and started talking to me how this is what I should do with my blue car when I step into the Twilight Zone....

Now, this is when this waking dream starting really getting crazy, not only did Mr. Serling paint the undercarriage black and seam seal it, he also coated it again with bed liner and painted the SFCs a grey color!

I should have known that none of that could be real....

Scott makes me feel ashamed to say I'm anal.

But what a freaking nice car you have Scott. Mike's right, I'll never match this car. That's ok though brother, I sure enjoy seeing what you did with yours.

Reactions: 3 users