Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

• Sponsors (?)

Man, the two of you guys sure have quite an eloquent way of dishing out compliments. I appreciate the kind words! Dave, you should probably be the co-author for Mike's book. Whatever it may be called and whenever it may be written, but he surely needs to write something one of these days. If he wrote a few pages every time he re-did the design on that hood, he would have quite the novel by now! :hide:

Reactions: 2 users
Scott makes me feel ashamed to say I'm anal.

:doh:

Shooting-Fish-in-a-Barrel.png

:think:

Reactions: 3 users
Ok Scott, I did it, I read your entire post finally. Why do I feel so tired?

Beautiful car brother, why is it you haven't been plastered on a couple magazines yet?

You need to get married and have several children and have a hungry wife to feed so you can feel the longing desires to do what you have done by poor chumps like me!

Really impressive though, man! Some of the changes you have gone through during the years of this build! Maintaining sanity when you have completely redone what I already thought was awesome in the first place must have been a bit "challenging" to you.

Beautiful car brother, why is it you haven't been plastered on a couple magazines yet?

You need to get married and have several children and have a hungry wife to feed so you can feel the longing desires to do what you have done by poor chumps like me!

Really impressive though, man! Some of the changes you have gone through during the years of this build! Maintaining sanity when you have completely redone what I already thought was awesome in the first place must have been a bit "challenging" to you.

Uhh,...because you spent the last two days reading a build thread?:shrug:

Because he hasn't put himself in front of the magazine? (you gotta go to where they are,...they don't come to you) Well,.....unless you live in L.A.......Then they're right next door.

I agree.

I agree.

Thanks Dave. I'm glad you were finally able to trudge through the whole thing! The hardest pill to swallow was the reality that the cylinder walls were shot from washing them down with fuel. Taking that new engine out for a rebuild was not exactly a time of smiles and cheers. The other tweaks and changes were a part of the learning process for me. If I wasn't 100% in love with something I did on the car, it would gnaw at me until I was forced to make it "right". There are a few more tweaks already in the making as we speak.

Some magazine stuff is in the works. To say it's a slow process would be an understatement.

I'll be at Mustang Week with the car this year. Made the last minute decision to go. I'm not registered for the judged show, but I'm planning to get on the wait list when I get down there. Two weeks after Mustang Week, I'll be tying the knot. I promised her that the next build will be a Factory Five Cobra. That's all she asks of me... build that Cobra for her to drive. I've got it pretty good!

Reactions: 6 users
Good luck on the marriage and the magazines man, hard to really say which will be the greater challenge!:eek:

I'm going out to Mrytle Beach next year, hope you get into the judging though. You should place really well with that pretty car of yours.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't posted an interior shot of the car since the new seats went in, or since I gave the door bars the 'I'm sick of climbing over these damn things' treatment. The story of these seats is so incredibly long, even Mike would sigh at the idea of telling the whole ordeal. Long story short, it took 6 months to get these seats, and I probably won't be a TMI customer in the future.

The seats are in though, they look good, they're comfortable, and the driver side is full power. I'm happy.

DSC_4407_zpsbbckzzzn.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
I haven't posted an interior shot of the car since the new seats went in, or since I gave the door bars the 'I'm sick of climbing over these damn things' treatment. The story of these seats is so incredibly long, even Mike would sigh at the idea of telling the whole ordeal. Long story short, it took 6 months to get these seats, and I probably won't be a TMI customer in the future.

The seats are in though, they look good, they're comfortable, and the driver side is full power. I'm happy.

DSC_4407_zpsbbckzzzn.jpg
Those are the seats I was wanting to have in the end in my blue car. Too bad it was so much trouble for you.

Even you have to admit it though, they look hot as hell! Good choice:nice:

Reactions: 1 users

DSC_4407_zpsbbckzzzn.jpg

And you think that would've stopped me? It's all about fact and fiction Scott. Just enough fiction to keep the facts from boring, with gratuitous pictures thrown in for the mouth breathers.

The key to being a wanna-be writer. ( Cause not everybody has your camera, or special effect gadgetry for taking such professional looking pics).....BTW,....you should've primed and sanded that roll bar before paint,...Your great HD pics make the bar look........unfit for Scott interior duty.:eek:

While I'm at it, or,...... on another note.......... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
And you think that would've stopped me? It's all about fact and fiction Scott. Just enough fiction to keep the facts from boring, with gratuitous pictures thrown in for the mouth breathers.

The key to being a wanna-be writer. ( Cause not everybody has your camera, or special effect gadgetry for taking such professional looking pics).....BTW,....you should've primed and sanded that roll bar before paint,...Your great HD pics make the bar look........unfit for Scott interior duty.:eek:

While I'm at it, or,...... on another note.......... :rolleyes:

It's actually a textured paint. Looks a little more 'on purpose' in person, or probably in more natural light. I'm still up in the air if I really like it more than just a simple satin black chassis paint though.