Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

• Sponsors (?)

Now let's see if I can get the fuel to take a chill pill.

The plan will be to route the fuel lines through the frame rail with causing me the least amount of disassembly and grief possible. The IRS makes accessing anything behind the car nearly impossible, so this should be fun.

Remember when I drilled through the return line when I was mounting the fender? That gave me a great disconnect point to avoid having to remove the line directly from the tank. There are factory holes in the frame rail right at the top of the rear wheel wells. The lines can then exit out the side of the frame rail about a foot behind the firewall. I'll need to remove the feed line from the sump though.

Hey Scott, so while Im waiting on Aeromotive to tell me why my 340 melted, Ive decided to pull my stock lines and go with larger.
Im already dropping the tank to install a venting solution.
Were the lines easy to fish through the rail?
Im torn between braided steel ptfe or braided steel w/ rubber, just 93 pump gas...why did you go ptfe
Where did they come out up front?
Any insights??

EDIT: just saw a page ago about your return line, Aeromotive suggested I get a 94/95 hanger and extend the return tube to the bottom of the tank and that will solve my aeration issue, Ive found an already made product too so will decide shortly...

This fuel thing can be aggravating... rrrr

Hope your plan solves your issue!!!

Last edited:
Hey Scott, so while Im waiting on Aeromotive to tell me why my 340 melted, Ive decided to pull my stock lines and go with larger.
Im torn between braided steel ptfe or braided steel w/ rubber, just 93 pump gas...why did you go ptfe
Any insights??

EDIT: just saw a page ago about your return line, Aeromotive suggested I get a 94/95 hanger and extend the return tube to the bottom of the tank and that will solve my aeration issue, Ive found an already made product too so will decide shortly...

Hope you plan solves your issue!!!
PTFE do it once . The rubber starts to let the fumes through writhin 8 months of having the lines in

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Any insights??

Hope your plan solves your issue!!!

Like others have said, definitely go PTFE. I also recommend coiling your vent line once or twice and make it at leaat a few feet long. That will prevent any fuel vapor smells.

I'll have the car back on the lift this weekend, so I'll snap some pictures of where the lines enter and exit the rail.

My fuel heating issue has still not been solved yet, even after the new tank with the pump inside. The fuel is definitely picking up heat from the engine. The return fitting on the tank is actually hot to the touch. I'm in the process of rerouting the return side and I'm also putting a fuel cooler on the return.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks, Ive actually been in contact with techAFX, good guys. I think Im going with their black wrapped braided PTFE. Pics would be awesome!

I also have found a great solution to venting, will post up on my venting thread once I get the details figured out.

So I did a thing last week, and this is on it's way to me. Should have it Monday.

SquareWaveTIG200_sm.jpg

I technically bought it for my wife's new business so I can TIG weld some artistic pieces for her to rent/sell, but let's be honest, I just really wanted a TIG welder. It's a win-win for us though. She gets a nice business deduction, and I get a new toy.

Time to get some scrap aluminum and steel and have some fun. It's a good thing winter is around the corner, because I'll be back to spending most of my free time in the garage.

Reactions: 7 users
So I did a thing last week, and this is on it's way to me. Should have it Monday.

SquareWaveTIG200_sm.jpg

I technically bought it for my wife's new business so I can TIG weld some artistic pieces for her to rent/sell, but let's be honest, I just really wanted a TIG welder. It's a win-win for us though. She gets a nice business deduction, and I get a new toy.

Time to get some scrap aluminum and steel and have some fun. It's a good thing winter is around the corner, because I'll be back to spending most of my free time in the garage.
You're going to love it . My buddy just bought the same welder . It's insane

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

You're going to love it . My buddy just bought the same welder . It's insane

I have a buddy with one too and he loves it. I think it's a perfect welder for a hobbyist. Affordable and capable to weld just about anything.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Why doesn't anybody ask?........

I will then.............. Just so I can feel good about myself.

How much does one of those really excellent machines cost anyway?
Aren't you the guy always giving people sh*t for not using Google?

Here, let me help you with that:
http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.c...m_campaign=product-ads&dfw_tracker=16631-3637

Why is this unit better than my $180 Amazon piece?
- it'll do aluminum
- it's infinitely more adjustable
- if it breaks, there's parts readily available
- it'll do thicker material

So yes, spending 10x is definitely worth it if you have the ability to do so.

(shut up about the $500 TIG on Amazon)

edit* treed by Chris.

Reactions: 3 users