Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

I will not attempt to pollute up Scott's brand new toy by offering up a Chinee alternative,.....

But now that you mention it..

ewt-12746.gif

You mean there's a comparable welder out there for half the price??? Better start the return process on mine now.

You know me, Mike. I don't buy Chinese turbos, so it's no surprise that I'm not buying a Chinese welder. Besides, the new Lincoln will match my MIG welder. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

You mean there's a comparable welder out there for half the price??? Better start the return process on mine now.

You know me, Mike. I don't buy Chinese turbos, so it's no surprise that I'm not buying a Chinese welder. Besides, the new Lincoln will match my MIG welder. :)

I can appreciate that you try to stay American when you make your purchase decisions. But try as you may to stay true blue, the fact of the matter is that there is already a significant amount of rice in your daily diet.

more than likely, the phone your reading this on,... the computer, or tablet you use , The Nikes on your feet, and the TV you watch are all products of some part of the PRC, or some other SE Asian neighbor.

Reactions: 1 user
I can appreciate that you try to stay American when you make your purchase decisions. But try as you may to stay true blue, the fact of the matter is that there is already a significant amount of rice in your daily diet.

more than likely, the phone your reading this on,... the computer, or tablet you use , The Nikes on your feet, and the TV you watch are all products of some part of the PRC, or some other SE Asian neighbor.

Can't win 'em all!

Threw down some welds on 1/8" aluminum last night. TIG welding is definitely challenging. I obviously have a long way to go, but this stuff is really fun. I need to build a table in the worst way. It's not easy welding on nothing but a vice. I dipped the tungsten 3 times. And for the record, the 150hz hum when welding aluminum is rather annoying.

c309c67a71039597cf3f637b243461ef.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Threw down some welds on 1/8" aluminum last night. TIG welding is definitely challenging. I obviously have a long way to go, but this stuff is really fun. I need to build a table in the worst way. It's not easy welding on nothing but a vice. I dipped the tungsten 3 times. And for the record, the 150hz hum when welding aluminum is rather annoying.

c309c67a71039597cf3f637b243461ef.jpg

Looking good already . I was gonna tell you that thing is loud man .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Looking good already . I was gonna tell you that thing is loud man .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
It really is. I started welding on steel and it was so nice and pleasant. Then I switched to aluminum and jumped off the seat when I struck the arc. The arc walked across the sheet because I never lifted the foot pedal. Lol

Dang, this is one of the nicest build threads I've ever seen. :nice:
FWIW, you need a table of contents, I've been flipping through for half an hour and I still haven't gotten to the engine bay pics! (or gotten my jaw off the floor)
Very well done, amazing attention to detail :cheers:

Reactions: 1 users
It really is. I started welding on steel and it was so nice and pleasant. Then I switched to aluminum and jumped off the seat when I struck the arc. The arc walked across the sheet because I never lifted the foot pedal. Lol

How about when you decide to sit on an old metal milk crate , drop the handle and accidentally hit the foot pedal . I never saw my buddy jump so fast . He said he fried his nuts right though his pants . Lmfao .

Reactions: 3 users
Dang, this is one of the nicest build threads I've ever seen. :nice:
FWIW, you need a table of contents, I've been flipping through for half an hour and I still haven't gotten to the engine bay pics! (or gotten my jaw off the floor)
Very well done, amazing attention to detail :cheers:

Thank you, my man. Much appreciated. I once had aspirations to do a TOC for the thread, but it's one of those things that just never happened.

Went to a local scrap yard, got a piece of stainless steel scrap- they cut it down and charged me like 30 cents a pound. Also bought a section of channel and cut it into 4 legs.. Cost about $35 bucks lol

image.jpeg

Love it. I need to buy one of those torch holders.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, my man. Much appreciated. I once had aspirations to do a TOC for the thread, but it's one of those things that just never happened.

Love it. I need to buy one of those torch holders.
Meh,....tables of Content are a pain in the ass. I got all that time in mine,..and it is soo incomplete I never have the time to maintain it.

Reactions: 1 users
I was going to pull the trigger on one of those, but then decided I wanted a table that could also hold both my welders and tanks. Working on putting something together right now.

I stuffed a new post at the beginning of your thread in the case that you ever want to develop that. A full TOC is rarely necessary (threads can be searched) but highlight links might be good. :shrug: