WAY OFF TOPIC.......

DarkBuddha said:
Uh, could be a symptom of the area where you live... Southern California is notorious for its pop culture corporate Hollywood "fabulousness". Hell, even here in the home of Starsucks, Seattle, there are plenty of diner/coffee shop type places. If you ever get up this way, stop by Beth's on Aurora... it's a Seattle institution... a complete hole that serves 12 egg omlettes and bottomless hashbrowns and you can have a decent breakfast for under $6, which is a decent deal in Seattle. If you don't like smoke and grease, stay out. :nice:

Oh, and as an alternative, IHOP and Dennys are still decent places to grab a cup 'o joe and shoot the crap. I know they're corporate, but at least you're not likely to get food poisoning. :)

Souther California is WHAT? You must be thinking of Hollywood and the valley. In Orange County (or "The OC" as it has become known) there is little Hollywood influence. Most of the beach communities (Long Beach, Seal Beach,Sunset, Huntington, Torrance, etc) still have some of the core eateries from the 50's. Hell, even the "909" probably has some decent diners/coffee shops.

• Sponsors (?)

gp001 said:
Huh? Wah? If I remember correctly you are in North OC area? Fullerton/brea/plac somewhere like that?

Not really, I live in LA County, just north of La Habra if that gives you any clue about this post. I do work in "The OC" though, and yes, there are a lot of nice muscle/classic cars there, along with the diners and car shops too. I do go to many beaches in OC, not as crowded as LA county.

gp001 said:
Souther California is WHAT? You must be thinking of Hollywood and the valley. In Orange County (or "The OC" as it has become known) there is little Hollywood influence. Most of the beach communities (Long Beach, Seal Beach,Sunset, Huntington, Torrance, etc) still have some of the core eateries from the 50's. Hell, even the "909" probably has some decent diners/coffee shops.
Yeah, I wasn't clear about his AO, just took a guess. I tought it was possible that corporate food places might be putting mom&pop diners out of business, just as Home Depot is doing to smaller local hardware stores. :shrug: