Well,...that Wasn't Fun.

• Sponsors (?)

Ive been kicking around the idea of selling my '11, and buying a really nice fox notch. Same type of reasoning, kinda. I love the power plant in the '11 (also love the styling though), but the car is just so big and seems to take a lot more effort to throw around in a fun way. I have never loved driving anything as much as I do a fox. I am thinking at this point in my life I can afford a really nice clean fox, and maybe even find one with a 347 or 408 already in it. My wife would want to kill me, but she always gets over it eventually. I had to try a new coyote powered mustang and its a great car, but I dont see it as a car I will keep forever.

Ive been kicking around the idea of selling my '11, and buying a really nice fox notch. Same type of reasoning, kinda. I love the power plant in the '11 (also love the styling though), but the car is just so big and seems to take a lot more effort to throw around in a fun way. I have never loved driving anything as much as I do a fox. I am thinking at this point in my life I can afford a really nice clean fox, and maybe even find one with a 347 or 408 already in it. My wife would want to kill me, but she always gets over it eventually. I had to try a new coyote powered mustang and its a great car, but I dont see it as a car I will keep forever.

I had an 11 for a while. While a great car I felt the same as you do, sold it decided to stay with what I know and love. I am currently looking for a nice mellow Fox as more of a daily driver to compliment the turbo GT whore.

Reactions: 1 user
good call, nice lil profit.

Thanks,...but then you saw it coming from the jump.:cool:

Ive been kicking around the idea of selling my '11, and buying a really nice fox notch. Same type of reasoning, kinda. I love the power plant in the '11 (also love the styling though), but the car is just so big and seems to take a lot more effort to throw around in a fun way. I have never loved driving anything as much as I do a fox. I am thinking at this point in my life I can afford a really nice clean fox, and maybe even find one with a 347 or 408 already in it.
My wife would want to kill me, but she always gets over it eventually. I had to try a new coyote powered mustang and its a great car, but I dont see it as a car I will keep forever

Yeah,..the very first time I even mentioned to the wife that I was thinking about selling it not two weekends after I got it running,.....I had to go through one of our "mini arguments",....where the words "Whatever you say Mike",....and "Whatever" were used more than once. She eventually will get over anything I do,.....( like buy another car someday) and really she doesn't mind me doin' it,...she just can't stand how I obsess over getting the time on the weekends to work on it.

Mike, lets find a couple nice foxes and make new progress threads. Our wives can hang out and b*tch.

Nick: Coyote powered Fox!

No,....I'm thinking LS powered Fairmont.:banana:

There would've been a time that putting a small block chevy engine in any ford I own would've been like drinking battery acid,...(and it still is when talking the LT series SBC), but after owning two GTO's,...and coming to terms w/ the availability of the engine reasonably in the salvage yards,......Spending 6k+ on a new 5.0, then another 1.5k for the computer is just crazy in comparison.

Even for one of the most die-hard ford guys on this forum.

I know that a Fairmont isn't a popular choice for alot of folks on here,....and I'm ok w/ that,...but that is a car that I'm not afraid to put a sawzall on if I choose to,.....one that'll share any fox modification w/o having to adapt anything,...AND,...most importantly be different enough to serve my need to stand out from the crowd.

Mike, Im also kicking around the idea of a TVS blower on the '11 to see if that fixes my gripe. Im not one to enjoy the hassle of selling a car, and then searching for the "right" new one. I love the '11 other than its kinda fat. I wonder if throwing 150+ extra HP on tap will make that ass want to come around a little more for me. I have the styling right where I like it, so Im kind of on the fence of what to do now.

Yes! And ask him to cut his mullet.

???? are there pictures of him somewhere?
I just ck'd. It looks like 1000.00 to ship it. :nonono:, Almost that for me to go get it. (+ 4 days including the ride in the plane out there) That'll put me in Granpas' car for maybe..........2200?? If he'll drop the price considering I gotta get it across the nation.

Geez, If you're gonna spend that kind of money, might as well go half the distance and offer $3k for this. Already has a built rear.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3939371475.html
Wrong bodystyle Collin. Besides, he wants 4200, 3k seems a bit of a stretch.
regardless it's. another done deal. I bought it. it will cost me 2150.00 shipped. I can drive it it has AC that works, and is a one owner 88k Arizona car w no dents and zero rust.

no brainer for me.

Mike its a box top but since you mentioned LS powered check out the Cream Dream 2 over on yellow bullet if you havent. TT LS 7.54 at 18x street car on 315DR