Were does my coolant go?

I'm posting this for a friend of mine since he is having issues posting...

Were is it going? why does it come up low after runing the car.

Hey guy's need some help with this one. Ok my coolant run's low on my radiator after I drive the car around. I have a Auto Meter mechanical gauge in the car.
I have a new ford racing 2-row aluminum radiator.Radiator & Heater Hoses are new hose clamps are all on tight and check by a friend.
New napa 180 Thermostats with gaskit both bolt's are on tight also check by a friend.Thermostat housing is not creck at all no leak's. Heater core was done at a ford dealer a few year's ago. Water pump was replaced a year a ago work's fine.

I have test the coolant tank by fill it up with water and let it sit and i mark were the water was. Came back a day later still in the same spot were my mark was made at. I have new radiator cap from napa on. Fan clutch i have test i let the car set at idle for 30 mintes car does move above 190.

I have a pressure test the coolant system at 16psi and it does fill,
i also test the cap it pass that too.

Car run's great too. no smoke at all from the catback, the gauge all way's reads at 180 - 190 degrees. One night at the beach (it was cold ouside 60 or 65 so) i had to stop drive the car because the temp said 210-220 if i give it gas it wood go up fast. i try to turn on the heat it did not blow hot air it was cold.

got home the next moring took the cap off radiator had coolent at the top.

I have look at the oil stick clean no water mix with the oil. Also i did a oil change about mouth and the oil just look like old does.

not to sure were the coolent is going? and not to sure what to do next. please help.

• Sponsors (?)

Small coolant leaks will not always show in the oil. If you have a leak into a cylinder the coolant can flash off without ever making it into the oil. Pressure test the cooling system and do a compression check on the motor. If you pull the plugs and while pressure is on the system, water level needs to be full, crank the motor around and you may see coolant shoot out of the offending cylinder.

The above post was a copy/paste that my friend sent me. What was left out was the following...

We ran a coolant pressure test, it passes fine. We pressure test his cap, tested fine. Bought a new cap anyways and pressure tested the new cap too.

We ran a compression test on the engine with all plugs removed, all cylinders are between 145-150. Coolant didn't squirt out of any of the cylinders. All plugs look clean.

What has us stumped is that he has oil in his radiator. If you stick your finger into the radiator and run it along the inside wall of the tank, you get oil all over your finger.

:shrug: