• IMAGE01.JPG
    IMAGE01.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAGE02.JPG
    IMAGE02.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Sponsors (?)

Jeez, Haven't any of you kids seen a 68/69 fairlane/torino fastback? :D :D

Just kidding guys... They are kinda rare today - but I always thought that was a pretty cool looking car. Could be had with a 302 base for the GT all the way to the 428 CJ in the Torino Cobra.

edit- Looking closer at the car it definitely shows some of the caracteristics of a '69 Torino Cobra - Black grille, Body color Hood Scoop, and possibly factory hood pins.

Where did you find it?

judging by the rear view it is the very rare 68/69 california special torino, don't see many of those around :rlaugh: it's a 68/69 torino, looks like too much chrome trim to be a fairlane or cobra, they didn't have as much as the torinos

it has a 428 cobra jet and it is a california special. i knew it was a torino but i didnt know for sure because it had california special trim on it.

:edit:
i seen it one day off a dirt road behind my house too bad it just sits there and of course theres a "not for sale" sign in the window :notnice: , about 1 in every 7 houses here have classic muscle sitting outside. rotting :(

At least it's sitting on tires and not blocks - :D

I can't confirm a 'california special' fairlane/torino - but chances are it is a Cobra with a 428cj in it. They did have many regional specials for Mustangs though... I guess it is just as likely that they had one for Fairlanes and such.

there were no california special torinos, someone put the badge on it. i guess it is possible that the dealer added it, but i doubt that. if it is a cobra it is already a special production car anyway, so there would be no point to adding another name. california special fairlane cobra? and if it is a cobra it would also be a 69, that was the only the only year for the fairlane cobra after that they were torino cobras. i had a paper route in 6th grade (1980 or so) when i lived in corpus christi and there was a 69 fairlane cobra on my route. really cool car, all original even still had the cobra decals on it, i wonder sometimes what ever happened to it, the entire 3 years i lived there the car never moved so i assume the engine was toast from drag racing or something. one of my favorite muscle car memories from when i was a kid. :)
i almost bought a 69 torino gt when i was in high school, 351-4v/4-spd, red in and out with white c stripes, hood scoop and pins. could have bought it for $800.00 but i decided to keep the stang instead. i'm kind of half ass looking for a 69 ranchero right now and if i come across the right deal i might get one :shrug:

bnickle - I agree about the California Special badging... but then again - there have been some strange combos from the factory before - Remember the 'twister cars'? That was both Mustangs and Torinos. I was always fond of the fairlane and they are getting quite rare - at least here in the east they are.

Kinda hard to tell from the pics but I believe that it has 5 of the "hash" marks on the c pillar and thus would be a 68 model. It also has the standard Fairlane or Cobra grille. Someone added the California Special badges just like they did the Mustang rear spoiler. But the 68s didn't have a hood scoop. Next time your by there check the VIN code and look for the 5th digit. S=390 4V, Q=428 non ram air, R= 428 Ram Air. If it turns out to be a 68 model CJ car "tow" it, they are very rare. Everyone talks about how rare the 68 1/2 CJ Mustang is but tey made many more of those than similarly optioned Torinos or Fairlanes.

tach said:
technically it's on no ones property it's just sitting off to the side of the road, so anyone with a tow truck could... :D :p
I'm sure the laws on this vary from state to state, but if it is on public property that could be seen as a "salvage" job and a title could be re-issued. Whatever you do, research the laws in your area before you do such a thing, if you can hardly afford gas you don't wanna try to make bail either.

I was joking I already got the ford I want. But, I could use that 428cj :D , yeah, it is hot, brown and dry thats why it's called the inland empire and I do live in moreno (brown) valley, well cars hardly ever rust over here; thats a plus, but it never rains...so...