What do the girls think AFTER you give them a ride?

65shlbycln

Founding Member
Aug 24, 2002
Atlanta
I've seen lots of girls point and stare at my car, but i still havnt given a ride to one yet. That will change next Wednesday though. A friend of mine is gonna get a ride in the car, and I dont know how she'll react.

I know girls like the lines on a classic mustang, and if the colors are right, and if you have the right year, they love the way they look...but how do they react when they actually get into a loud, stiff car with no A/C that rattles, shakes, drones from mufflers, and pretty much scares the crap out of even me when i get in it?:D

This girl drives a CLK, and once told me that she didnt like the NSX she drove cause it was "too rumbly"...haha. If an NSX is rumbly, than my car is an earthquake!

Anybody have any experiences with girls liking a classic until they actually get in it which leads them to hate the car with a fierce passion?! :shrug:

Thanks! :nice:

P.S. To all the ladies on the board, you gals are the best for understanding what a real ride is like :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Perhaps, classic car "groopies" are better suited for entertainment than for long term relationships. Girls who are easily impressed by ANYTHING mechanical have shall we say a shallow mind and probably are blonds. :rlaugh:

Any woman I have ever given a ride to are too over wrought with stimulation and can say nothing but how wonderful the experience was. lol. How can we predict what some total stranger woman in going to think? Everybody is different. Wait and see. Her car is not your car so who knows if she will like your car? plus, she will be sitting in your car, there is a big difference. Some girls will like it, love it, hate it, some won't care at all. If you like this girl, worry she likes you. Then it won't matter. Your car may mean less to you if that girl was in your life. Not trying to cause trouble but this is more Dear Abby not stangnet.

eh, ive given 2 girls rides. Both loved the look of the car. One grew up with her dad having old nomads and old 3-door suburbans, etc. She keep getting me to gun it and squeel the tires. The other girl, she still loved the car, she just hated me driving =/

65fastback2+2 said:
eh, ive given 2 girls rides. Both loved the look of the car. One grew up with her dad having old nomads and old 3-door suburbans, etc. She keep getting me to gun it and squeel the tires. The other girl, she still loved the car, she just hated me driving =/

Go with the one who liked the "sqeeling".

Oz, you are soo bad...:lol:

Well she's my best friend (i havnt known her for too long though). And she has grown up around luxury cars. I had a lighthearted argument with her when i tried to convice her that the M3 is not the "ultimate driving machine." :D She's got really good taste in new cars. As far as most girls go, she really knows her stuff. Her sister just bought an XKR, so the love for cars runs in the family. She even changes the belts, oil, filters, etc. on her CLK, which is very impressive for your average girl. Ive worked around Mercedes cars, and its a pain working on them, so the fact that she voluntarily does that work is really cool. But as far as classics go, she's never been in anything older than an early 90's acura she had. So im pretty excited. I need to install a nitrous system before next wed so she REALLY gets an idea of what torque feels like.:D "Yeah, its a stock engine..."

But yeah, I was like, "Yeah, its a pure driver's car. Its loud, manual, no power, no a/c etc.", and she was like "but see girls dont like that cause it messes up your hair when you drive with the windows down, etc." which i dont really believe cause most girls like convertibles. She's not dumb, blonde, or airheaded. She's just your normal appearance concerned 21 year old girl who doesnt like her hair getting messed up. :D

So anyways. I know she's either gonna love it or hate it. And i've never met anyone who hates it after they've been in a classic (as long as your classic doesnt smoke really bad and has softball sized rust holes in the floor).:nice:

Haha, I've given most of the good looking girls at school rides many times. They'll take me for a spin in their RSX or Integra that they think is quick and later on I wind up giving em a ride somewhere. They either love it or hate it in my experiences. A few of them are just downright scared of it and hang on for dear life hahaha. I think it's the noise that gets to some of em, if the girl is kind of shy, don't just pin it off idle or they might never want to ride with you again :D

Ozsum67 said:
Girls who are easily impressed by ANYTHING mechanical have shall we say a shallow mind and probably are blonds. :rlaugh:

PPffffftttttt. My wife is a blonde..... she drives a TRUCK! Also needs two more credit hours for her MSN. (If she'd taken credit for her last ACLS class and her CCRN license) :nonono:

Oh yeah, on the subject. She's wishing we'd waited four months before buying what has pretty much become her Ram - wants to run a Hemi.

Still Dreamin'

I have been on...one date since I bought my mustang in December (this is a testament to a) how pathetic my love life is and b) how busy I am.) However, I met the girl somewhere (blind date) and we then went somewhere else in my car. Afterwards, when we went back to wehre her car was...instead of just getting out she decided to make out with me (yay!) and then say hey let's go cruis'n - and she didn't wanna ride in the brand new car she'd just bought. That answer your question Chris?

Needless to say it didn't workout to well after thatbut that had more to do with my leaving the state for 2 weeks and calling her 3 times while I was drunk off my butt than it had to do with the car.

Is this the girl you have to study your butt off for finals for, so that you'll be in 3 classes with her? :) Sorry, I had to get that one in!

Hey, if she is half-way willing to look under the hood of a car I'm jealous bro! Most girls I've met with any level of knowledge of cars are into ricers. Which was kewl when I had a CRX and I was 16, but I feel like I've matured alot in these past 4 years. :) haha

*edit* Oh yeah, and if she goes to Tech I couldn't see her being airheaded anyways - wouldn't last long there. I see your point on the convertible thing though.

65shlbycln said:
Oz, you are soo bad...:lol:

Well she's my best friend (i havnt known her for too long though). And she has grown up around luxury cars. I had a lighthearted argument with her when i tried to convice her that the M3 is not the "ultimate driving machine." :D She's got really good taste in new cars. As far as most girls go, she really knows her stuff. Her sister just bought an XKR, so the love for cars runs in the family. She even changes the belts, oil, filters, etc. on her CLK, which is very impressive for your average girl. Ive worked around Mercedes cars, and its a pain working on them, so the fact that she voluntarily does that work is really cool. But as far as classics go, she's never been in anything older than an early 90's acura she had. So im pretty excited. I need to install a nitrous system before next wed so she REALLY gets an idea of what torque feels like.:D "Yeah, its a stock engine..."

But yeah, I was like, "Yeah, its a pure driver's car. Its loud, manual, no power, no a/c etc.", and she was like "but see girls dont like that cause it messes up your hair when you drive with the windows down, etc." which i dont really believe cause most girls like convertibles. She's not dumb, blonde, or airheaded. She's just your normal appearance concerned 21 year old girl who doesnt like her hair getting messed up. :D

So anyways. I know she's either gonna love it or hate it. And i've never met anyone who hates it after they've been in a classic (as long as your classic doesnt smoke really bad and has softball sized rust holes in the floor).:nice:

she was dressed like a catholic schoolgirl...

but she screamed b/c I gave it a little too much throttle going around a corner. I was really trying to be good, but this was my first time driving the car after the cam swap from a 230/244 to a 226/226 and I have a lot more low end power now.

well guys, i can tell you honestly i have had many g/f because of my 69 coupe and a few more because of my 76 cobra II but that is mostly the reason why, is because they love the car i drive, IMO shallow but arent guys the same way?? all i can say is dont worry about what she will react like, just let it be what it is and go with the flow, cuz if you worry about it then it wont be as fun cuz that is all you will be thinking about, just drive it like you normally do and be yourself, let her react cuz she is going to do it her way anyway whether you are worrying about it or not. after the ride is over then you can worry about it and what not but just be cool until then. :nice:

87gn2 said:
she was dressed like a catholic schoolgirl...

Believe it or not, I went to Catholic school - Kidnergarten to 8th grade. I know what those girls were like (about 40%, can you say "Tease" or maybe even "Tramp"?); so you're not necessarily adding credibility to your story! :rolleyes:

87gn2 said:
but she screamed b/c I gave it a little too much throttle going around a corner. I was really trying to be good, but this was my first time driving the car after the cam swap from a 230/244 to a 226/226 and I have a lot more low end power now.

Okay, I was pretty sure you had a logical explanation; but you gotta admit, my version was funnier! :D

Still Dreamin'