What is it with FastFood employees?

'66 coupe

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Lakeland, Fl.
So seriously, what the hell is wrong with these people? Almost every other trip I make to a FF joint results in me not getting what I ordered. But the thing that pisses me off is that in forgetting to give me my desired food, they actually remember to charge me for what I didn't get.:rolleyes:
I thought the gov't. gave these people a $1 raise this year. Wasn't that enough to motivate them to actually do a good job?:shrug:

Before people start giving me crap about picking on these "poor people," please realize that I'm still in school and so the only jobs that I've had were as a Country Club Busboy, and currently working sales at Best Buy. Every shift I deal with thousands of dollars in sales, and haven't screwed up yet. But these people can't keep a $5 order straight? crapola

• Sponsors (?)

I had Patel. (BK) I said "I take a #1, a mediun #7 with a small shake." My friend said "eh, make it 2 number seven's but I want mine spicy" We sit down and have 4 meals between 3 people 'casue he put down 3 #7 instead of two with one being spicy.

Having experience in the fast food business, I can tell you that it could be a couple of problems:

1) Cashiers sometimes don't give a **** and they just press buttons

2) Sometimes the guys making the food don't mark the wrapper properly

3) Sometimes the guy putting the food in the bag haphazardly grabs burgers from the heater thing.

4) If you order something, then have a change of heart, you're new order probably won't be correct.

5) You're better off ordering your burgers regularly, and then taking off what you don't want.

If someone comes off cocky or bitchy over the intercom, more than likely you get the wrong food.

I also never saw a $1 raise, but then again I've never seen a dollar motivate anyone.

Fast food and retail are very dissimilar.

Fast food was probably the crappiest job I've ever had and ever will have.

If you ever watch them, they have a constant flow of people and they always have to be on their feet. People always change their mind when they order food and people always want their food right away. Alot of the places I do to, they don't mess up the orders, but I've noticed that certains do. I think those that mess up, they have people who just don't give a ****. The manager probably doesn't give a **** so why should the rest of the workers?

The Whataburger in Friendswood can't even be called fast food. It takes some time, but it's almost always fresh (except at 12:50-1:00 the fries aren't) and almost always right. I personally haven't had problems and even if it takes some time, nice hot fries and a hot cheeseburger that is made the way YOU want it, I'm lovin it, and FU mcdonalds.

zincyellow03 said:
People always change their mind when they order food and people always want their food right away. Alot of the places I do to, they don't mess up the orders, but I've noticed that certains do. I think those that mess up, they have people who just don't give a ****. The manager probably doesn't give a **** so why should the rest of the workers?

I usually don't change my mind, and I always just order the regular burger. My friends have actually commented on why I take everything off myself instead of ordering it the way I want it. This is because I've noticed they hardly ever get it right.
I'm also not a PITA customer. I wasn't raised to be rude to people. Some people were raised to be obnoxious a-holes, but that's not my personality.

I have noticed that if you go to places by the University where the avg. employee is a student, the quality of service increases. It also kinda depends on what part of town you go to. But now this theory just leads to broken window theories and sometimes to racial stereotypes(Chapelle's MAd Real World skit:working in the Juice Bar , anyone?), so I'll avoid them.

AP1995V6,
More than half of your reasons were based on incompetent employees. And I already ruled myself out of the last two.
This is what I'm saying; what is wrong with these people? If you're being paid to do something, do it. In my hometown some places hired some mentally disabled employees. These people sometimes do a better than the normal functioning people.

The dollar raise I speak of was the increase in minimum wage from $5.15 to $6.15(Florida). I don't know why ignorant people voted this in. Maybe they didn't realize INCREASING MINIMUM WAGE ALSO INCREASES THE COST OF CERTAIN GOODS AND SERVICES.:Damnit: Working part time for a major retailer, I don't make an extreme amount more than minimum wage, so this law DID NOT affect me. The only raises I get are for working hard, and it's never a dollar at a time.:nonono:

TMX said:
The Whataburger in Friendswood can't even be called fast food. It takes some time, but it's almost always fresh (except at 12:50-1:00 the fries aren't) and almost always right. I personally haven't had problems and even if it takes some time, nice hot fries and a hot cheeseburger that is made the way YOU want it, I'm lovin it, and FU mcdonalds.

The Whataburger by me will take you at least 40 minutes after 12-1AM(open 24/7 being the only reason to go there). And one time my friend ordered a Whatachicken sandwhich for me at 4 in the morning. I didn't go with him cause we had a big party dying down. When he got back to my place we discovered THEY FORGOT THE CHICKEN. I got cheese inside a bun. My best friend that works at Chik-Fil-A(The best of all the FF places when it comes to service) still thinks this is the funniest thing in the world and still brings up the time I got a "Whatacheese on bread".:rlaugh:

[quote='66 coupe]The Whataburger by me will take you at least 40 minutes after 12-1AM(open 24/7 being the only reason to go there). And one time my friend ordered a Whatachicken sandwhich for me at 4 in the morning. I didn't go with him cause we had a big party dying down. When he got back to my place we discovered THEY FORGOT THE CHICKEN. I got cheese inside a bun. My best friend that works at Chik-Fil-A(The best of all the FF places when it comes to service) still thinks this is the funniest thing in the world and still brings up the time I got a "Whatacheese on bread".:rlaugh:[/quote]

A WhataWhat? :scratch: That's funny that you got no chicken instead you got the "Whatacheese on bread" :rlaugh: :rlaugh: I don't think they get alot of orders at 4 in the morning so they were probably drunk/high when they got the order.

its a southern thing. Started in Corpus Christi in the 50s, and there is a Whataburger where ever there is a Mcdonalds in texas. It's spread to Florida in the past couple years.
66: is that the one just down Uni blvd right across from some appartments about halfway between UCF and FS? lol.

TMX said:
its a southern thing. Started in Corpus Christi in the 50s, and there is a Whataburger where ever there is a Mcdonalds in texas. It's spread to Florida in the past couple years.
66: is that the one just down Uni blvd right across from some appartments about halfway between UCF and FS? lol.

I see. The midwest never seems to get any FF places. Mainly it's Just Burger King, McDonalds:)mad: ), Wendy's, Taco Bell, Steak N Shake. I remember I ate at Jack-in-the-box when I was on vacation in Colorado a few years ago and it was :drool: Supposidly, we used to have a Jack-in-the-Boxs in the Midwest but they got rid of them for some reason in the 1970's.

TMX said:

Yup, that's it. Crazy. lol
EDIT: The more I think about it, the crazier this is, since they just built it less than a year ago. You must've been in the area recently (?).

Yea, at Whataburger they name everything Whata________.
One time my friends brought me there when I was drunk and they say I ordered "A whataburger with a whatafries and a whataCoke." :rlaugh:

what kind of coke? lol! it's a texas thing. But I was there in August of 04, but they were still building it at the time. I just happened to do a search to see if there was one in the area cause I might have moved earlier, and saw one was on Uni and remembered seeing a building that looked like whataburger standing there. availability of Whataburger and tempratures above freezing most of the year with a lack of ability to snow are what I look for when I move haha.

zincyellow03 said:
I guess they need the money and can't afford to get fired.

I wouldn't think that ANYONE in the FF business could "afford" to be fired.

I think the difference is, college kids aren't(on an avg.) used to the gov't supporting them. Having a job is the only way they know how to get a check. Whereas people that you might find working at a Hardees or Churches Chicken would just be in line at the unemployment office the day after getting fired.
Like I said, it starts to get into broken windows theories and debates about how our society should treat it's lower class.

Chick-Fil-A

Another great example of high school/college students making better FF employees than 30-40 yr-olds who have pretty much lost all ambition in life. Everytime I go to Chick-Fil-A, the service is great. And it's always younger people working at them. You hardly ever see 40 yr-old's who just don't give a **** working at a Chick-Fil-A.

My g/f's mom went to mcdonalds one time and order a cheeseburger without pickles. She got 2 pieces of bread, with no meat, or cheese, with 3 pickles inside. WTF? Someone must have wrapped that sandwich. I mean seriously, who in the right mind would think someone ordered a burger without meat and a few pickles inside? I personally think they were playing some kind of joke. I don't see how anything like that can happen...They put the pickles on after the meat. So, that means someone put 3 pickles on 2 buns and wrapped it, or he put 3 pickles on 2 buns and gave it to someone else to wrap. I agree with 66 coupe 100%!!!

[quote='66 coupe]I wouldn't think that ANYONE in the FF business could "afford" to be fired.

I think the difference is, college kids aren't(on an avg.) used to the gov't supporting them. [/quote]

That's why. They're used to welfare and then when they have to work they don't want to and don't care. I bet that it also doesn't help that the job sucks.