What Is My 65 Worth

Dmort317

Jul 23, 2016
Well it's a long story but iv had the car for about 11 years. Went to vocational school years ago and took the car apart todo some metal work and repaint the whole car. It's been sitting in my garage and iv come to realize I'm never going to finish it and would like some input on what she's worth. It's a 65 square back hardtop with a 289 and Hurst 4speed originally an auto 6cylinder. Has a holley carb, dual exhaust, original pony interior, original rally pack gauges, all new carpets, bumpers, weather striping, emblems I'm sure I'm forgetting alot. Has no rust and fresh paint that's never seen the light of day before. The glass is out of it, interior is all out and bumpers and front clip need to be put back together. The car does run and drive it's just been sitting in the garage for a while. I'm looking to get an honest opinion on what she's worth as is. I know the right person would have to buy it but any input would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

Pictures will help us help you.
When I go to sell an unfinished project, I look around the internet for a car in comparable condition, and then make an educated guess from that.
It sounds like you could take three or four vacation days from whatever is keeping you from working on it, and assemble all that you have into as close a finished car as possible. The closer to done it is, the more it is worth.