What Is The Best Oil To Run In Y 04 Gt

• Sponsors (?)

Fawk Royal Purple!!.. lol. jk guys!. I have used Mobil 1 Full Synthetic since i bought my first car! In my stang right now i am running M1 5w30, Tremec TR-3650 Manual Trans M1 Full Synthetic ATF Fluid per Tremec, and in the rear end M1 75-90w full synthetic!.. It works and it's been around a hell lot longer than Royal Purp has been and i know that can mean nothing at all.. but it's cheaper than RP, i have used it in all my cars and only have had one motor issue ( my fault having too much fun lol ).. , and just alil icing on the cake it's usually recommend by the manufacture of parts on the car or heck even the car maker itself.. especially if you are still under warranty!.. just my two cents.. :)

Oh, and one more thing is everyone knocks Mobil 1 for marketing and advertising outta the wazoo!.. but hell i see Royal Purple in about evertyhing i see on tv when i get to have a sec or two outta my 55-60 + work week to sit and watch it n what do you know theres a RP diesel driving by in a highway shot, a girl is wearing a RP tee shirt, lol n it's just outta hand for RP with going crazy with the marketing/advertising!.. I am really done this time. M1 or RP are good but M1 has been around way longer and will keep a few more $'s in your pocket!. juss sayn bro.. Goodluck :)

I don't use any top end brands. I use whatever is on sale. Sometimes I'll throw some Lucas additive in there. But I've never had any problems with even the store brand oils.

Best is a relative term.

I use Napa brand 5w50 dino oil with my built engine. It is re-branded Valvoline. Some people like it, other people don't. I like hearing how it is crap vs stuff like Mobile 1, Amsoil, or RP. It works for me, and I will keep using it...unless the car sells tomorrow, then I get a Shelby.

Noooo!!.. U did not just say Lucas!!.. lol.. Hey the important thing is you are doing the maintenance period and new fresh oil and filter every 3500-5000 miles is what counts! I was raised in a automotive car family and my step dad owned a shop all thru when i was little kid to around me turning 19ish.. My step dad burned stamped in my head that it was worth spending a couple more bucks on the top notch quality stuff vs saving them couple bucks and then having to spend a few grand to rebuild the motor due to the cheap oil that saved $ @ the time but in the long run really screwed me.. and never ever think or be within 50 feet of Pennzoil oil!.. lol i always thought his crazy weird hatred for anything Pennzoil was hilarious..

@ Vertigasen.. Amsoil is LEGIT!. If it wasn't a freakin arm n a leg! I would gladly make the switch from M1 to Amsoil :). That's a new one on me in regards to the Napa dino oil being re-branded Valvoline.. Learned something new here on Stangnet lol. I agree i don't honestly believe there's a quote unquote " Best Oil ".. A good number of factors play big roles what would make for the best oil in one's situation based on motor, mods, what it will be used for, etc.. I think or at least i know with most i've just killed time and shot the hey with over what they run and prefer in their cars doesn't even really come down to any of the examples i listed. They all say like me well my dad or my whole family always used this brand and i started using it too!.. It's part of the American way n using what you've known for most if not all your life silly type deal..

I used to buy the best. But these days I don't believe any oil no matter what it has in it or what name is on it is better than any other particular brand. The only oil I won't use is that ValuCraft stuff. But I'll use AutoZone brand and some of the other cheapo stuff. I do believe that Lucas is a good additive. I don't always use it. But every couple changes I'll throw it in there. Like coletrickle46 said, the most important thing is regular changes.

I agree that regular changes is the most important rule of thumb. The only thing that has caused me to raise a brow was when I read an old write-up in a Mustang magazine that did a complete Royal Purple fluid change (oil, trans, diff) in a New Edge GT & they gained about 10hp to the wheels. My GT has about 85k on the clock right now & the T45 in it was a little notchy at times so I recently did a Royal Purple fluid change & it really improved my shift quality & quieted things down a bit. I'm running an MGW shifter which allows a lot more transmission noise into the cabin than the factory shifter so I appreciated that. FWIW I do usually run MOBIL 1 full syn in my crankcase & the major reason being that you can go much longer on the oil itself (7k miles or more) which I prefer.

Depends on how many miles is on the engine really. Me, Royal Purple, is what I choose, and some places believe or not, its cheaper and costs as much. Lucas engine additive thickens of the oil so there is less friction on initial start up. But, if it gets to hot, the additive will foam up. Ideally I would use a 0 weight in the winter and 10w during the summer, maybe 5w during spring and fall. That's a lot of oil changes though.

Was a long time Mobil1 user and tried a few of the other premiums until I started selling Amsoil. I never went back. Amsoil in the engine, tranny and rear end. The tranny and rear end seem to be quieter on the Amsoil as well. Just as long as you use quality you will be fine.