what kind of exhaust is this....pics....56 k bewarel ol

mustangkid05

Mar 10, 2006
100-0001-2.jpg

100-0002-1.jpg

the guy said it was flowmasters 40 series i think im not sure, does anyone else have this muffler?....and it is welded on i think he is talking just about the pipes...so what kind of x-pipe / h pipe would sound nice on this?

thanks

romaine

Attachments

• 100-0001-2.jpg
    100-0001-2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 100-0002-1.jpg
    100-0002-1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

mustangkid05 said:

the guy said it was flowmasters 40 series i think im not sure, does anyone else have this muffler?....and it is welded on i think he is talking just about the pipes...so what kind of x-pipe / h pipe would sound nice on this?

thanks

romaine[/QUOTE]
it looks like a flowmaster muffler, and yes, everyone and their grandma has them. lol

offroad H's and offroad prochambers sound awesome with 40 series....but with cats basically anything would sound ok with no rasp, but even then it may not pass smog.

jasonh_86 said:
+1 for flowmasters.. and I second the Prochamber vote :D

I have the O/R Prochamber and 40 Series 2-chamber flows and it sounds great!.. Can't go wrong with it :nice:

cool......did it give you a decent gaini in hp?....and it isn't real real loud it is?....thanks man oh and how is installation

romaine

mustangkid05 said:
cool......did it give you a decent gaini in hp?....and it isn't real real loud it is?....thanks man oh and how is installation

romaine

It was on the car when I got it.. but i've removed it and put it back on and it's easy as pie :).. As long as you're not legally retarded, you can do it :D

It's not too loud at all honestly. It's not quiet, but not loud.. It's just right in the middle, if that makes any sense :nice:

Those are flows. I have the same ones. One day I'll replace them for a full exhaust (LTs, X, Cat). For now, the car came with flows welded in and that's what's gunna stay. Gotta save for the blower first!

Oh, and ummm your rear tires look kinda bald (like me!)

AmBo said:
Those are flows. I have the same ones. One day I'll replace them for a full exhaust (LTs, X, Cat). For now, the car came with flows welded in and that's what's gunna stay. Gotta save for the blower first!

Oh, and ummm your rear tires look kinda bald (like me!)

yea so you got everything i got lol flows and bald tires.......the car only got 20k miles so the dude probably did alot of burnouts, the reason he sold it is because he bought a brand new gt

1+ for flows, I have them with stock H pipe and love them. Im at 5000 ft so the exhaust is pretty quiet up here. Down at sea level it sounds even better more throaty. Im saving up for an aftermarket catted x or h pipe havent decided which.