Paint and Body What Should I Do With This Hood? Help

NatsFan

Dec 30, 2016
My Mustang has a large dent and crease in the hood. I'm looking for advice on what to do. I'm looking at three options: have it repaired, get a new aftermarket hood or look for a used hood.

Does by looking at the photo does it look like it could be repaired?

If if go aftermarket, does anyone have brand recommendations for good aftermarket hoods?

Any thoughts on where too go to buy a used hood? What price should I pay for a used hood in good shape? Does anyone on the forum have one for sale?

Thanks again!
Natsfan
Hood Damage 2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

That metal is stretched and it would be near impossible to get it to look right again. It could be done though with some cutting and welding but the cost of labor and a good body man would cost more than you could buy another hood for. I see mustangs on CL all the time for parts so I'd look there first but all the online mustang suppliers have decent fitting aftermarket hoods.

Yup x 3
As someone who has just gone through doing bodywork I would not touch that hood. Unless you have a LOT of time on your hands, good tools, skills (or a thick wallet) you'll never get it right. It's probably twisted or buckled a little as well so when closed you'll also have to fix uneven height from hood to fender.