What Style Injectors

stumbotc

Feb 22, 2015
Hey guys I just bought an 01 conversion with a 95 5.0, bored 30 over, cammed, gt40 heads and intake. From what I can tell it has the stock injectors, thinking a bout going with 24lb. Looks like the skinny injectors, are these ev6? Been out of the stang game for a while and trying to figure this stuff out again.

Attachments

• received_413838372126376.jpeg
    received_413838372126376.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Sponsors (?)

ford-mustang-fuel-injector-body-styles-guide-01.jpg

Our cars came stock with EV1's. More recent Ford injectors are the EV6's with Jetronic connectors, although a USCAR plug is a bit more standard.

Newer mustangs (03/04 Cobra) came with EV6 USCAR injectors, which need adapter or wiring modifications to be used in our cars.

You can get the skinny injectors with EV1 plugs. So you'll need to look at the connector more so than the injector body to determine which one you're wired for. If it's the stock 95 computer and harness, it should be EV1. No way to tell from the pic if they mixed & matched computers or harnesses between the '01 and '95.

One thing's for sure, if they're skinny injectors, they aren't the stock '95 19lb injectors. So you'll probably also want to pull one out, get a part number, and determine what you're actually running. They might already be upgraded. You might also already be tuned for them or have a matched MAF.

My advice, if it's running fine as it is and you're not planning to upgrade any other hardware, there's no reason to think about changing them.