what the hell...is stangnet jinxed?

• Sponsors (?)

b, It isn't surprising to me to hear than some thought my warped sense of humor was an attack. I on the otherhand, know that sometimes, when trying to defend my thoughts or position, was verbally abused and I guess that is to be expected. I mean, after all, we deal with kids, and other folks where one needs adjectives to describe them. Some have mistaken my self defense to be offensive attacks, and others have simply jumped on board because they thought it entertaining to lash out at someone. Some egos have not been able to understand the knowledge that SD and I and others were willing to share. They only were guilty of being simple minded and self centered. I have made a lot of friends on here over the years, and I will miss you all. It simply isn't worth the effort anymore. Now, I know how SD felt now. He went away with a lot more class than I, and that tells you something of the man. The end result will be the same, and it will be permanent. Thanks for the great times you all. Signing off.

Ozsum67

This year started early for changes here to the "elders" of this forum, as Chepie was relocated to Minnesota. Haven't heard anything in a while, so no updates on it. Admittedly, my new project has diverted my attention, and I split my time on a Cobra-Builder's forum as well.

Ozsum67, I'll miss ya, but time does march on, our lives constantly change. All the best. Hopefully with all the new faces here, our places will be filled by the new folks here, with the cream always rising to the top.

Ozsum2 said:
b, It isn't surprising to me to hear than some thought my warped sense of humor was an attack. I on the otherhand, know that sometimes, when trying to defend my thoughts or position, was verbally abused and I guess that is to be expected. I mean, after all, we deal with kids, and other folks where one needs adjectives to describe them. Some have mistaken my self defense to be offensive attacks, and others have simply jumped on board because they thought it entertaining to lash out at someone. Some egos have not been able to understand the knowledge that SD and I and others were willing to share. They only were guilty of being simple minded and self centered. I have made a lot of friends on here over the years, and I will miss you all. It simply isn't worth the effort anymore. Now, I know how SD felt now. He went away with a lot more class than I, and that tells you something of the man. The end result will be the same, and it will be permanent. Thanks for the great times you all. Signing off.

Somebody just put a gun to my head now please. I can't take it anymore. It idles better because you increase vacumm? Naw. It should idle better with no vacumm. Vacumm shouldn't change anything about the idle. You're not supposed to have vacumm at idle. Only at higher rpms. What do you need vac at idle for? The thing just sits there and idles! If you have idle problems, I'd suggest a carb adjustment or rebuild, or look at your points if you stilll have them, or faulty plug wires, etc. NOT low vacumm.

You know there were times that Super D seemed to me as a pompus jerk, but the more I read his posts, I learned otherwise. I once had a post saying we were soooo lucky that our forum wasn't a 5.0 flame off forum. Well, I HAVE BEEN HERE almost since the begining, (check the member since date) and I have seen a steady decrease in community and an increase in competetion. So much in fact I left for a while, Only to come back and find the same ol same ol. And also to find out PAKRATs car is TOTALED???? One of the most beautiful car on stangnet. :notnice: I cant take any more, I'M OUT!! :banana:

i too am getting tot he point where oz and SD are at. however i usually ust remember that the people who do the flamming when i post are either more intelligent or experienced than i am(rare but it happens), or they dont have a clue as to what they are talking about so i ignore them. oz take care and come back and talk to us once in a while as you will be missed, just as SD is missed.

I guess I should probably weigh in, as Oz, I think, seems to think I am out for him. That really isn't true, and it really isn't about ego. This should all be fun, and while it is for me, regardless what people say to me, it apparantly isn't for Oz anymore, which is too bad.

A little background: I went to a two year degree program in Automotive training at a very good school, and graduated as an NIASE certified master technician in 1982. Granted, it has been twenty years since I turned a wrench for cash, but I say it to illustrate that I didn't learn what knowledge I have from sitting in the garage bench racing. Not to imply others here have, but just a point on my background.

I don't tell you this as bragging or as an ego stroke, but just so you all know where I am coming from. I have been wrong before, I will be wrong again, and I have zero problem with people telling me I am wrong, especially if they can back it up. I will gladly eat humble pie when I am wrong, as everybody, no matter how much training they have had, can't know everything or can just simply have a brain cramp.

I have been on a lot of bulletin boards over the years with other hobbies as well, and to be honest I have never seen a reaction as the one I have seen from Oz in the last week over what seems to be so little.

I didn't even really notice who Oz was until the manifold vs ported vacuum thread, where it got pretty ugly by this boards standards. Oz wouldn't look at links because they had chevy in the title, or maybe because he thought he was beyond learning, or whatever. It doesn't matter. I noticed that Ronstang pointed out recently that he was wrong about some things in the thread, as was Oz, and admitted to it. That was a class move by Ron, admitting that he had some misconceptions about how vacuum works, as frankly, so did I. I came away from that thread learning that there is more advance from ported than I previously realized before the drop off.

The difference between Ron and Oz is that Ron admitted his mistake, which was very minor, and Oz turned it into a drama about persecution and attitude and ego and extended goodbyes, threatening to turn people who give him back exactly what he gives, into the moderator. He has appeared to me to be very thin skinned, very sensitive about having his knowledge(which is very good) questioned, and seems to think post count equals achievement or seniority.

And I think that that is the crux of the problems that some people have here with Oz. Post count, tenure, etc do not justify a condascending attitude towards other board members. Oz is capable of being wrong about certain things just as all of us are. It's how it is handled that seems to be the difference.

If he wants to leave because of all this, I sure can't stop him, nor would I want to try. There are a lot of great people on this board, and it will go on being a great board whether Oz or I or anybody else is or is not on it.

Now that I have bored you all to tears with my thoughts on it, I apologize for contributing to the soap opera in the tech room. Oz, don't leave because of me, Ron your a mensch, and al the rest of you, just tell me to shut up when I deserve it!!

Cheers!

;)

max power, the problems are not just recent, they have been building for a long time. i have seen posts where oz and SD, and others would write something to respond to a question, and someone with little or no knowledge of what they wre talking about would post the complete opposite, and when it was pointed that they were wrong by oz, SD, myself and others, they would get real snippy(kind of like your typical punk ricer kid) and say that everyone was wrong and that he was right. that is why SD left, and why oz is leaving, and why i tend to just read the posts in the tech section, and avoid posting there anymore.

i also have my AAS in automotive technology, and have spent 5 years as a crew chief on a B/FA. i know i am not always right, but i also know when others are wrong, and when others just want to stir up hate and discontent which happens from time to time. SD and oz just got fed up with the ones who spreaed hate and discontent.

I like this forum and I'm sorry to see so many of the old crew is leaving, but I think I'll stick around for a while. I used to post on the VMF forum but their site is not near as user friendly as Stangnet is and personally I think the crowd around here is better. Really the big time flame fests don't happen that often on this forum, and there are a lot of really knowledgeable members here. Everyone should just try and prevent themselves from falling into thinking that if someone disagrees with them or has a different way of doing something they must be stupid. I think that is when people go on the offensive.

AHHHHHHH!

pakrats car was totalled? I hope he was all right. :(

that sucks, especially since it was car of the week for almost 3 years :D

anyone have a link to the thread?