What To Buy

Southport2014

Jan 28, 2014
Hey everyone i have a 87 gt with basic bolt ons and gt40 heads and intake. My father has been wanting to get the car back off me . It originally was his and i bought it off him. I have considered selling it back to him but i would like to know out of the cars i have found what would be the best deal for me. Looking for fun car and fast.
My options are a 95 cobra 98xxx miles trickflow heads and custom comp cam. Nitrious. And full bolt ons. Says it dynos at around 330hp to the wheels without nitrious. Its a really nice car. Can get for arouns 6000-6500.

Or should i save up and buy a 03 or 04 mach 1 for around 10k local to me.

Or buy a 99 / 01 cobra for around same price as mach

Or a 96-98 cobra for around 5-7500 .

• Sponsors (?)

The Mach 1 and the 99/01 Cobra are essentially the same car. The biggest difference would be the rear suspension (IRS in the Cobra, solid axle for the Mach) and the Mach 1 can be had with an automatic, should you so desire. Since you're considering Cobras I doubt that's an issue. Now, this is a rather broad comparison...but power-wise, they're pretty similar...and they're both the DOHC 4.6L.

It's a tough call. Me personally, I think I'd go with one of the "New Edge" options. Without the mods, you've already got a good base to start with. Between the 99 or 01 Cobra, I'd lean more towards the '01 because of the overrated power issue with the '99s.

Reactions: 1 user
You want to get yourself into a nice driver, with some lineage behind it, that'll hold its value.....got for the Mach 1

If you just want to bang gears and beat on the thing, get the '95 Cobra that someone else already spent some money on.

Get the Mach if you can swing it. It'll run as better n/a the any of the others (maybe the 95 cobra will run good but you're getting someone else's problems in a built car). My mach ran 12.60's with off road h and mac catback exhaust and a tire.

Sadly I let it go. It is with a buddy and still runs those 12.60's all day long.
Mach 1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user