Whats It Worth?

1965-Mustang

Nov 25, 2003
I know there are a lot of these whats it worth threads, however I have a serious question. I personally own a 1965 Coupe that I paid $6000 for and is my daily summer driver. My parents, I am 16, told me they would buy it from me for the $6000 I paid if I ever found the fastback I really wanted. Yes I am into the 67 Fastbacks like most people.

So this leads me to a 1967 Mustang Fastback I found for sale near me that the guy wants $4000 for. The condition is definatley a major project that has the rear panel cut out, no attached fenders, driver side floor pan cut out, no engine, no trans, no interior. It does not have much rust, it has been primered, the body parts that are there are solid, the cowl vent is covered and potected so hopefully no rust holes. He says he has $2500 in parts to fix it, from what I saw inside the car was a new floor pan (for drivers side cut out), and the fenders were there.

I know pics would help too but I wasnt able to because my camera ran out of battery after the car show I took pictures at earlier that day. So does his price seem fair? If he does have $2500 in parts it would mean $4000 minus the $2500 that would be needed to fix it so the car in its condition without the extra parts would essentially be $1500. And with the prices of 1967 Fatsbacks on eBay and all over the internet the way they are it seems like a good deal to me. Tell me what you guys think so I don't feel like I'm going to loose a driving car for something not worth fixing.

• Sponsors (?)

What are you gonna drive after selling the coupe?

Are you able to do all this work yourself?

Usually, not always, but usually, buying a complete car ends up being a lot cheaper than a project. JMO....

I would drive one of my parents cars when I need it, it would work out. I am pretty sure I can do a lot of the work myself. My dad is getting a mig welder, in which I don't know how to use, but he has an idea and I have a friend that does know how to use a welder and takes classes in auto body that would help me. He, the friend, actually insists I buy it, hah. I know it would be cheaper to start with a more complete car, however a more complete 67 FB is probably out of my price range all at once, slowly putting money into one like this I could do. With something like this I also wont have to worry much about originality, I would like to build a 'resto-mod' daily street driver and some track 1/4's with the friend.

Thanks