What's the best supercharger setup for 2006 GT?

anthony05gt said:
Nola, you just need to feel the centrifugal's high rev pull. There is a difference, but your low end power is equally impressive. Like I said "Whipple is my favorite system".

Your probably right...this is my first experence with FI and im lovin it:nice:

I looked at the procharger some...I have the steeda cowl hood and it would definetly bring outside air right to that intake...but my fear was it also brings in a lot of water.

• Sponsors (?)

When I bought the Procharger the Whipple was still way more than a year from release. That area where the air filter is really doesn't matter due to the 3 core air to air cooler which really cools the charge quite well. It does look like a bad spot for it though. My ram air hood brings some fresh air to that general area too. It actually dumps the air right on top of the blower head unit instead of 1 foot behind that where the filter is. The hood was designed for the stock air box location.

anthony05gt said:
When I bought the Procharger the Whipple was still way more than a year from release. That area where the air filter is really doesn't matter due to the 3 core air to air cooler which really cools the charge quite well. It does look like a bad spot for it though. My ram air hood brings some fresh air to that general area too. It actually dumps the air right on top of the blower head unit instead of 1 foot behind that where the filter is. The hood was designed for the stock air box location.

I lucked out...right when I was ready to order something whipple just came out. It was out of that or a turbo kit. Since its mostly a street car I went the t/s route. And my cowl hood dumps air right on top of the sucker. I can actualy see it from the driver seat...thats why I sprung for the polished:D

baylor2010 said:
06 Procharged Mustang GT Dyno Results!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just finished up our 06 Mustang GT Project this morning. Here's a rundown of the setup.

Kooks 1 5/8 Longtube Headers with Catted X-Pipe
Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
SPEC Stage 3 Clutch
3:73 Rear-Gear
P-1SC Procharger @ 9.5 PSI
Below is the dyno
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522402&highlight=procharger+mustang

This tune is super conservative. We can easily reach 500RWHP without increasing the boost but we don't want to push this stock short-block too far. Eventually the customer wants to do a low-compression stroker motor, upgrade to the D-1SC blower and turn the boost up!

I have seen a D-1SC on a motor with a forged rotating assembly at 17psi putting out 485rwhp making 570hp at the flywheel. This mustang had full bassani exhaust.

Whipple for $5399.95?

anthony05gt said:
My favorite street system is the Whipple and I have a Procharger. The Procharger is hands down the best system for the money. The bottom end power is great (not like a twin screw), but 1st gear is already absolutely useless at WOT. Can't shift into second hard either, just spins with street tires. The Procharger will pull extremely hard to red line which the twin screw does not. So, it's give or take with these systems. If you want to pull hard out of a curve at low rpm's, the twin screw is your ticket, but traction is a problem out of the hole with street rubber and not as bad with a centrifugal.

A company called BTG Motoring has the Whipple for $5399.95 for the polished. Has anyone ever heard of or dealt with this company? Is there a Stangnet sponser that has a similer price on the wk200725P? This looks like a smoking deal and I can see pulling the trigger for 1k off.

Don't know, but that is a good deal. I've seen the Procharger kit as low as $4300 complete for anybody who wants quality at a less expensive hit.

If I was to build another stang I would go with the Whipple because I don't make a habit out of tearing my car up at the track and would benefit from the torque at a lower point in the rpm range. If I was at the track regularly I would definitely stick with the Procharger.

It isn't cheap but I love my Saleen with the JDM Engineering mods. I just got the car back from the bodyshop today so I'll try to get it on the dyno next week for some baseline pulls.

1039951L.JPG

Now that's another blower that has gobs of torque down low. In fact, the long intake runner design is what enhances the bottom end even more. Buy a Saleen for it's torque.

Hey thump, how the hell can I post the pic of my dyno sheet and other pics here on stangnet?

anthony05gt said:
Now that's another blower that has gobs of torque down low. In fact, the long intake runner design is what enhances the bottom end even more. Buy a Saleen for it's torque.

Hey thump, how the hell can I post the pic of my dyno sheet and other pics here on stangnet?
I use vidilife http://www.vidilife.com/

then you just use the picture icon just below the back arrow when writing a reply and copy the link from the pics.

As requested by Thump-rrr, Here's the dyno sheet for my car

dyno.jpg

Oh, and here's a cool burnout shot I'd like to share

mmfp_0607_slug_12_zprocharger_vs_ke.jpg

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 157
  • mmfp_0607_slug_12_zprocharger_vs_ke.jpg
    mmfp_0607_slug_12_zprocharger_vs_ke.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 153