What's This Discoloration In My Paint?

jayochs

Aug 6, 2014
Hey everybody, first thread here and unfortunately it's an issue. I vow to never buy a black car again lol but it looks so damn good when it's nice and clean..and far away lol..

so i noticed this odd discoloration on my trunk lid that's almost a oil-colory looking white/blue in certain light. it's under the paint, and it's flat to the touch so it's not something like a ding or a scratch or anything. it's weird because i just noticed this today (3 months into owning the car) and i've washed it many times. i'm wondering if this is new or it's been there all along and i never noticed it. should i contact a dealer to see if it's under warranty? it's a 2014 V6 Premium, but I got it used in April. the original owner got it in May of '13, so it's still under warranty. any thoughts? thanks guys!
U9Q67TO.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Hey everybody, first thread here and unfortunately it's an issue. I vow to never buy a black car again lol but it looks so damn good when it's nice and clean..and far away lol..

so i noticed this odd discoloration on my trunk lid that's almost a oil-colory looking white/blue in certain light. it's under the paint, and it's flat to the touch so it's not something like a ding or a scratch or anything. it's weird because i just noticed this today (3 months into owning the car) and i've washed it many times. i'm wondering if this is new or it's been there all along and i never noticed it. should i contact a dealer to see if it's under warranty? it's a 2014 V6 Premium, but I got it used in April. the original owner got it in May of '13, so it's still under warranty. any thoughts? thanks guys!
Hi jayochs,

Welcome to the forum! I recommend you have your dealer check it out and speak to your service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed. Also, remember most repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha