Wheel ? For The Wheel Pros

chizler

Sep 21, 2014
Knoxville Tn.
i have a 92 lx 5.0, that i am going to convert to 5 lug using 96 spindles(i know i know should use 94/95 but these are what i have). the car is lowered about 1 inch all the way around and i am wanting to run the 06 fan blade wheels, (because they were givin to me) with 235/40/18 tires on the front and 235/50/18 on the rear.

i thought that going ahead and using the 96 spindles and the offset on the s197 wheels would be ok, at worst might have to use a small spacer. as far as the rear goes idk, kind of lost as to what i will need. i am using stock 5 lug axles on the rear.

this is the look i am going for http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...stang-gt-1.jpg

just looking for some advice on what i would need to make it happen.

thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I looked into this briefly a few years ago. From what my research showed, s197 offset wheels would fit flush with an length axles abd calipers on the rear. If you are planning on keeping fix length axles you will more than likely need spacers in the rear abd not the front.

thanks for the reply, i have all the parts for my conversion. im going to run the drums in the rear for now. the only reason im wanting to use these wheels is they are free and would allow me to save for the wheels i want, while still having a better looking wheel than chrome ponies.

I ordered some 1.5 spacers just to get the backspacing close, my only problem is when I convert it over to 5 lug these are the only wheels I have, so I would like them to at least be some what driveable so it's not stuck on a lift at work.

Quick Google search came up with several answers to your fitment issues. Won't post them here, but it's been done and documented on another site.
For the love of God, don't run those spacers unless you feel like watching your wheels fall off on the highway.

If you don't care could you message me the info or a link to the site you found your info from.

The car isn't a daily driver or a race car. It's a bone stock 92 lx 5.0 that stays in the garage 95% of the time, I've put 700 miles on it in the last year. Just want to convert it over and on a set of wheels before I decide on what wheels I want to add to it.