Suspension Wheel Shake....help!

experiencing bad front end wheel shake at 60 mph, evens out around 85 but upon braking it starts to shake violently again.
Recent grooved and slotted rotors, tires, lower control arms, wheels rotated balanced and wheel alignment, no change.
Car has 140,000 on it, running original struts, wondering if that might be the cause, everything else up front is extremely tight.
I'm the original owner, so I know the cars history, no accidents.

• Sponsors (?)

Tie Rod ends were causing mine to shake. They didn't feel excessively loose, but replacing them got rid of the shake. I replaced mine at just over 140,000 miles. I did inner and outer because I was there, but the outers were more loose than the inners.

I have an 05 gt with 93k and just found out my lower control arms need to be replaced along with the outer tie rod ends and ball joint.i got the car in 13 with 41k it's my daily driver. Im,questioning the dealership on this.. what does everyone think.. ideas and thoughts appreciated

How many miles are on the car now?

I would get the car on a lift or some jack stands and take a look. You can physically see whether the control arm is bent or if the bushings are cracked or dry rot. While it's up in the air do what I suggested to Red Pony and shake the wheel left and right as well as up and down. You will be able to notice any amount of play.

Any looseness from shaking left to right is possibly a bad inner/outer tie rod.
Any looseness from shaking up and down is possibly a bad ball joint.

If you are looking to upgrade we carry OEM 07-09 GT500 front lower control arms here: Ford Performance Front Lower Control Arm Kit (2005-10 Mustang) M-3075-E | Brothers Performance