wheel spacers..

• Sponsors (?)

Normally an 18x10 will sit near perfectly flush. I can say this for FR500s, Cobra Rs, Ruff Speeds, HREs, True Forged and the Saleens on my car.

In order to know what size spacer to recomend all you need to do is measure how much farther you want the wheel to go out. That being said I am really against spacers. When you start pushing more then 1/8" you are sacrificing lug strength. Then you have to get to the 1"+ spacers to switch to the kind that have their own lug studs.

Whatever you get, dont buy the cheap ones.

post some pics.. i had 18x9 / 18x10.5 saleens, and they didnt even sit flush. im talkin flush...not almost there lol.. im also a vw fan and on these cars we like the wheels to poke a little.. but for the stang i just want them flush with the fender.

17x8 with 1.5# spacers from AM.

IMG_2913.jpg

I called American Muscle and asked and he said that they don't fit with stock wheels because they lay flat and don't allow room for the stock lugs to protrude through the spacer the way after market wheels do and so to use them with stock wheels you have to cut or grind down the actual stocks lugs till they don't protrude through the spacer. I then asked if that would cause any safety issues and he replied, "It could". WTF! Should I even consider such a thing? Seems like some serious jerry rigging on such a vital part of the car simply for cosmetic reason, no?

ab2a696e.jpg

fca92de6.jpg

8264d08e.jpg

These are 18x9.5 with a 1" spacer. But the wheels have a very high offset of +42 compared to most of the wheels that people run on mustangs which is why I need the spacers to get them to sit flush. For comparison the 18X10 fr500's from AM have a +22 offset.

I have looked into the wheel spacers a bit as i too would like to put a set on the rear of my 95 with SVT wheels. I have heard the only safe way to do so is with what is call "hub-centric". Since they dont rely on the wheel studs for strength alone. Is this correct??? Any help help on the matter would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Paul

OP did you ever add spacers to your 18x10 wheels? My 18x10 FR500's are probably 1/2" - 1" away from the fender and it looks kinda lame. Wondering if you have pics so I can see how it would look w/ spacers.

i saw some of those billit "wheel adapters" on ebay. they look just like the ones from am but cost half the price. are they safe? the only thing I hate about a lowered car is the rims getting sucked into the fenders in the back