Where to put all these gauges?

brianj5600

Sep 19, 2003
Middle TN
I have too many and want ideas where others are mounting them. Pictures would be great. I have boost, A/F, trans temp and oil temp to find a home for. Any year pics would be great, 67-68 especially.

• Sponsors (?)

I have mine mounted to the bottom of the dash.

2164272_4.jpg

IMHO, Having your tach way down there looks like a great way to hit a tree while going for 3rd. Any gauge that forces you to move your line of sight that far from the windsheild is only good for cruising. It will be inaffective for any racing or performace driving. Just my .02

I can't find pictures of it now, but a friend of mine made a custom box that fit along the top of the windshield, next to the rearview mirror. It looked pretty good the way he did it, and I'd never seen it done before.

Just a thought...

IMHO, Having your tach way down there looks like a great way to hit a tree while going for 3rd. Any gauge that forces you to move your line of sight that far from the windsheild is only good for cruising. It will be inaffective for any racing or performace driving. Just my .02

After driving my car for 15 years I know when to shift without even looking at a the tach. That being said its certainly not an ideal tach location, but the others are fine there, and at some point they will all be switched to an in-dash setup like Blown65's.

Different, I think I'd rather just lose the stock cluster and mount something there instead. Just looks silly with both IMO.

QUOTE]

That Racepak does make my wallet cry just a little bit though.

The replay Street dash deal isnt that bad if you consider what you get from it. It was pretty damn close in price as compared to my speedhut gauges in the end.