Where'd S/N Go?

doc4444

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2002
Can someone help me. One day I just tried to login to Stangnet tech. and when I did only 5 threads showed up!!!!! It does that to this day. It's been about a week since this happened. I deleted all cookies I had without effect. Anyone know what could be causing this? Thank you for any help provided.

• Sponsors (?)

First you go to the bottom where it says display options. It'll look something like this.

attachment.php

Then bring down the drop down menu and go down to 1 year.

attachment.php

Then click show threads.

attachment.php

First law of Thermodynamics : the sum total of the energy in a system and its surroundings, over time, is constant (Conservation Law).

If we consider an atomism as a system that is difficult to break apart (an experimental observation: equally applicable to social groups and social bonds), there is energy in the bonding of atomic constitutions that has to come out of the environment, and when that bonding is broken that energy is released.

Dfn. Forms of energy, e.g.: Heat (q)=exchange of thermal energy (stored as kinetic energy of atomisms, i.e., movement, where the "heated" or diffusive movements of atomisms are uncorrelated, net undirected)=the capacity to diffuse kinetic movement via collisions from "hot" bodies to "cold" bodies in a unit of time; Work(w)=net directed (convective) movement of matter from one location to another = external force x distance moved.

Note that work requires an external force (and thus energy from the surrounding environment). Heat, on the other hand, tends to equipartition thermal energy via diffusive collision and thus tends to thermal equilibrium: within a system at equilibrium there are no further gradients to do useful work (see second law).

Dfn. Thermodynamic engine: A (nonisolated) system where energy is transferred from the surroundings to do work. E.g., when a piston is moved by heating gas in a chamber, the work done is PV (pressure x volume).

The energy in a thermodynamic engine is sometimes described by its enthalpy H= E +PV where -PV is the work done and +PV is the correction for energy used in doing work on the surroundings. H is the capacity of energy differentials to diffuse heat (relative to a surrounding) or to do work.(Because thermodynamic engine processes are often cyclical, and depend on discrete quanta of energy per cycle, H may be quantized).

Energy and enthalpy are state variables of a system. If heat and work are the only forms of energy transferred between a system and its surroundings in a closed system, then the first law states for enthalpy: E2-E1 = Dheat + Dwork = q + w, where D is the symbol for change in a quantity.

Chemistry involves the study of bond energies (enthalpies) that are released when a bond is are broken and consumed when a bond is made (changes of state). For chemical transformations at a constant (e.g., atmospheric) pressure, the change in enthalpy will be q; typically, some quantum of energy

I'll get onto subsequent laws later. Right now, my fingers are tired.