Where's my taco?

• Sponsors (?)

Been there, done that (the clerk's side). 2ndmustang, tell me you haven't ever been accosted by somebody about their disconnect - they don't really believe or care that their line was shut off in translations, without a pole-dog physically breaking the circuit; they just know you took it down and they're gonna kick your a$$ if you don't hook them back up before you climb down :mad: and then they tried to do it. I sometimes wonder what would happen to me if I aired out a purely defensive back-kick before taking off my hooks :rolleyes:

i have had people give me the same type of look when the power goes off here. i soo want to tell these people, when they ask me when the power is coming back on(that starts about 2 seconds after it goes off), that i dont work for the power company, and that we have a deal with them that they deal with the power and we deal with the rooms.

StangDreamin' said:
2ndmustang, tell me you haven't ever been accosted by somebody about their disconnect - and they're gonna kick your a$$ if you don't hook them back up before you climb down :mad: and then they tried to do it. I sometimes wonder what would happen to me if I aired out a purely defensive back-kick before taking off my hooks :rolleyes:

Yes, I was once rehanging a drop wire to the pole after the tree trimmer cut the old one down, when the drunken tree trimmer started using his chain saw on the pole I was on. Luckily the son pulled him away before he could get the saw through the pole, although I can say I've never had a taco thrown at me! :rlaugh:

While we're on work-related pet peeves; I love working in 1800-pr crossboxes in RV parks. Invariably, some dude I've never seen before (because he spends half the year back home in Canada or Oregon) will come charging up in a golf cart and demand to know if I'm working on his line. :mad:

I just look at him, look at the binding posts, look at him longer, look back at the binding posts.... then say, "Nope, sorry." Immediately he'll come out with, "Well, when are you gonna hook me up?"

Me: "I'm not really sure, sir"
Snowbird: "Well why don't you know? When are you gonna find out? Or are you just stupid???"
Me: "Well sir, I've got 10 more service orders in this park today. If you'll just give me your name, I'll check to see if yours is one of them, or perhaps I can find out who will be connecting you on what date and time."
Snowbird: :doh:

Don't know what things are like over there in SBC/PacBell-land; but over here in the land of the big blue Q, we take our laughs whenever we can get them :D

Still Dreamin'

We were at our local coffee shop (refered to as the 2MFF R&D department) and it was 2 minutes past closing. They usually let customers stay until they are done mopping (about 30 min past closing) but don't make any drinks. This lady comes in and says she wants a small coffee. They try to explain that it was past closing and that all the coffee was gone, and all the pots, makers, etc were cleaned. She flipped out and wanted them to brew a fresh pot of coffee right then and there. When they told her they can't she picked up a bag of beans and threw them everywhere. When the guy said "I'm calling the cops" she turned to run and lost her footing on the beans. "WHACK" she smacked her head and was OUT! Cops came, paramedics came, she got arrested, we laughed. Then, in court she tried to say the counter guy threw the beans at her and pushed her down. Her jaw dropped when she saw us there as witnesses (guess she thought we wouldn't bother).

gp001 said:
Her jaw dropped when she saw us there as witnesses (guess she thought we wouldn't bother).

I was working in the back parking lot of a business building in Santa Ana yesterday when a lady parked in the Handicapped stall backed out in a HUGE suv and right into the front bumper of a pickup truck. The owner of the pickup truck came out and conversed with the lady. She was arguing that he was illegally parked by having the nose of the truck facing the driveway. It was hilarious as she really was trying to blame him when there were a bunch of us who just watched her hit the truck. She even went as far as to call for the police! I couldn't stick around, but I bet they all had a good laugh when the police showed up.

Taco Bell is awesome, baby!

Sounds like the woman deserved to get the taco in the face. I'm sure I would have wanted to do that to her as well.

I don't know her age, but the kids these days working retail are soooo rude!! If they were working for me.. they'd be on the other side of the door. :mad:

Hack said:
Taco Bell is awesome, baby!

Sounds like the woman deserved to get the taco in the face. I'm sure I would have wanted to do that to her as well.

I don't know her age, but the kids these days working retail are soooo rude!! If they were working for me.. they'd be on the other side of the door. :mad:

I used to work in a fast food place so I know where she's coming from. I've also hung up on a few customers myself, with the bosses consent of course. But please explain to me how she deserves to be hit in the face with anything and how she was so rude about it?