Which Exhaust? Need Help

Which exhaust sounds the most aggressive without raspyness?

• MagnaPack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Borla Stinger

• MAC Exhaust

• Total voters

polt90

Feb 12, 2015
i currently have a magnaflow exhaust on my 03 mach 1. I need something that sounds deeper and more aggressive. I have narrowed the list down to three. I want the one that sounds the most aggressive but also doesn't sound like a motorcycle. i want the muscle roar. I am stuck between the MagnaPack, Borla Stinger, and MAC exhausts. I really dont know which one to get, i need help/insight.

• Sponsors (?)

Its really more a matter of personal preference. I can tell you that of the three, the Borla's are the most aggressive but someone else will tell you the Macs are. I tend to think the Magnaflows are a little more subdued. They don't get nasty until you mash the throttle. The raspiness you are trying to avoid could be avoided more in the mid pipe. If you get an offroad X pipe, its going to be super raspy high end screamer. If you get an H pipe its going to be a lower roaring tone. Throw some cats into the picture and you can reduce the noise a bit from the raw all out extremes of either the X or the H mid pipes.

Back to the cat backs. Your best bet is to get on youtube and search. There are thousands upon thousands of exhaust videos pertaining to our Mustangs. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
it's all about personal preference...but speaking as someone that was around when muscle cars were common and driven all the time and not just $100,000 trailer queens, the "muscle car roar" came from Cherry Bomb glasspacks :stick:

(BTW I'll take your Magnaflows off your hands when you find something you like better :cool:)

Reactions: 1 user