Which Intake

2016gt

Jul 7, 2016
Which cai is best for a 2016 gt? Im leaning toward the pmas intake but am having trouble finding any reviews on it. Other intakes im considering are the steeda and airraid.

• Sponsors (?)

I hate to link to another forum board, but the info on mustang6g.com is pretty rockin' ...here's a thread with a dyno tune with and without the PMAS no tune intake installed http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58860 .
I guess it boils down to if you have a tune or not. This early in the game (on my ride) I don't want to take the tune route, so that being said the PMAS no tune option with the adjusted MAF sensor would be the way to go for sure in my opinion. If you have a tune that can adjust for the other mfg's then you probably have other options.

I don't have a CAI and am not really looking to get one right now...so, take my opinion for what it's worth.

If you're worried about a tune voiding your warranty then I would suggest staying away from the PMAS. Only because if a tune voids it, then I'm sure putting a different MAF will void it as well. I understand they use that MAF so that you don't need a tune. But it still would be frowned upon.

There are lots of intakes on the market that do not require a tune and will give you solid gains in HP, TQ, and throttle response. I went with Airaid. But Corsa, Injen, and a few others make quality intakes. You really can't go wrong either way but I think Airaid is the best one out there. Steeda also makes a no-tune required intake. And the good thing about it is that you can remove the insert at a later time if you did decide to get a tune.