which plugs?

91_4ourBanger

Feb 8, 2004
i need to do a tuneup on my car, but ive heard that only certain types of plugs work best on my car. its a 91 n/a 2.3 mustang automatic. which do you guys recommend?? also which wires? plz respond quickly cause i need to go buy them before 3pm and its about 2pm right now.

• Sponsors (?)

parts

91_4ourBanger said:
i know not to use platinum. and i think i heard not to use iridium too.

and i cant find motorcraft plugs in my parts store near me. so would NGK or Bosch be better? and what gap.

I realized your car is a NA after Stinger pointed out. But The plugs are available at autozone, second choice for me is always Bosch. Any wire should work though. i use 34 gap some use more and some use less.

Good Luck

Autolite plain copper spark plugs work good and are the specified replacement. Maybe other plugs would work well, I know the Bosch platinums increase power and fuel mileage UNTIL they foul, but Autolites are what I use.

I tried Autolite spark plug wires and they are probably the best you will find for this application. Lifetime warranty too.

Here is a thought..since the driver's side plugs are so hard to get to, put platinums in that side and regular coppers on the exhaust side...then you won't ever have to change the driver's side again.

Stinger said:
Here is a thought..since the driver's side plugs are so hard to get to, put platinums in that side and regular coppers on the exhaust side...then you won't ever have to change the driver's side again.
unless the car burns oil in which case they foul after 3000 miles and the engine runs like crap.

...probably would not matter on a DP head. You just need something to plug the extra holes that some homo accidentially poked in that head.