Whiteline Rear Sway Bar Installed

2013 Geee T

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Oak Park, CA
So I took the plunge and installed the Whiteline rear sway bar to see if it would help stiffen things up in the rear. The installation wasn't too bad and took 2-3 hours after trying to figure it out and make adjustments. The instructions I printed out from American Muscle were different from the ones that came with the sway bar and both could have been a lot better. I had to look up pictures online to make sure I installed things the right way.

After installing it and test driving it I noticed a creaking type sound when turning so we played with the end links and made it go away but it may be coming back. Its hard to tell with all the popping sounds coming from my front strut mounts which will be replaced next. The instructions don't really say how to adjust anything but do mention something about tightening things up at ride height so that may be the key. The "noise proof" bushings are not totally noise proof either and they say they don't need grease yet they give you grease with them. I still may need to play with the adjustments or even talk to someone about it.

I have it set on the 3rd setting which is one away from stiffest. You can tell its stiffer just when driving in a straight line and it does react better around corners. I had an issue where if you got a little loose in the rear on a corner it would snap back and "jiggle" and so far its better but not completely cured. I still have to take it on some twisties and see how it feels. They say start on soft until you get used to it but I don't think that's
necessary.

This sway bar mounts differently than the stock one and attaches to the axle and sits near the bottom of the differential making it hard to use jackstands on the axle or jack it up on the differential. Once the car is on the ground the bar was almost below the diff. And yes I used jackstands and the jack under the diff is only there for peace of mind.

sway.jpg

• Sponsors (?)