Who's running a t5-z with high TQ and HP

i have a wc t5, that i bought from summit, and there is a tremec badge on it, so i guess they manufactured it, but that has had over 1000 powershifts on it, with mt drag radials, w/ a centerforce df clutch, and alot of 6000+ rpm launches on slicks, and powershifting with slicks. running 11.6's @ 118

btw, anyone have a guess at the power im makin at the rear wheels, becuase i havent ahd a chance to dynotune it yet ?

• Sponsors (?)

hey guys openeing a old thread. Any of you guys that posted on here running 373 with the t5 superduty. Reson I am asking is now I have 4.10s and the world class t5 with 335 first gear. I go through first way to fast, actually a little anoying just crusing. If I do switch to the t5z I want to know if itll be a dog with 373 and the 295 first gear

I had a T5 Z in my car for about 8 months with the 2.95 1st gear and 3.73's. I never had a problem with the car being slow out of the whole at all. I still recomend buying a big TKO500 once,, your not going to break it. T5's no matter how they are built are on borrowed time. It took me 3 before I threw in the towel and got a 3550

just4bob50 said:
I have the stock 110,000 mile T-5 in mine still. I powershift 1-2 and 3-4 but lift shift 2-3. I dont have 400hp but I have 420rwtq. So far its fine and I havent run it with sticky tires yet. I probrably wont untill the car isnt my daily driver anymore.

Well once I figured out that my clutch was slipping and corrected that it was about a week later that my trans broke. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :bang:

I put a freshly built T-5 WC from Texas Motorsports with some upgraded internals in when I did my manual swap and I blew it up at about 600 miles. I think something wasn't done properly when they rebuilt it. I shifted into
3rd at 5K and boom. Now I have a TKO600. and it's the shyt. I love it