Why does everyone bash the Cobra intake?

• Sponsors (?)

Sure there's intakes that make more HP but i love my cobra intake to the point i don't mind giving up a little HP on my new build that RNH Performance has begun actually i love the torque it makes!! here's a couple pics from my crappy camera of my newly powdercoated intake and valve covers that do em no justice as rick will testify he has them now :nice:

powdercoat2004.jpg

powdercoat2003.jpg

goodies004.jpg

goodies006.jpg

th_powdercoat1.jpg

The first pici was like ughh. then i saw the rest! WOW that is gorgeous!!

The US Cobra intake was made from 1993 to 2003. Ford legally has to provide parts for cars for 10 years, so once this obligation was complete, they discontinued it.

If you buy the Ford Racing Kit, it was $400 or so. The Intake would have an F3 part number and the lower would have an F8 part number (except 93-97 kits's would have an F3 lower). Other than the finish of the intake, it's identical to that off a 1993 Cobra. So whether or not the intake came from a box, or off an actual '93 cobra makes no difference...same thing.

After 2003, it was made by some chinese company that bought the tooling and rights to make it. There are issues with it, and i wouldn't put one on my car if it came stuffed with $100 bills and cheap chinese wives.

*referring to the Explorer intake with Cobra badge*

Looks like a 96-98 Cobra plenum badge.

It is.I bought it a long time ago and never had a use for it until I woke up one day with the idea to smooth and polish the upper intake and remove the ribs in the middle.I like the overall look.Different,and as far as I know,one of a kind.

Ok I got it now the big question is if I buy one of the intakes from Summit that is a Ford Racing part that would be due to the fact that its not a 93-03 part that would be a chinese made part. This is correct right ??? I love the intake and I plaaned for my spring break out this year to put the Cobra intake on but now I think that I should look for a used one or the GT 40 intake off ebay . What would you guys suggest ??

yes, it will be a Chinese intake. If it were me, I'd look for a good used one.

The Red intake above is a Chinese casting - see that flat area behind the TB flange for a FRPP plaque - that tells you it's a Chinese Cobra.

The first pici was like ughh. then i saw the rest! WOW that is gorgeous!!

Thanks i took them pics and video from my digital camera just does it no justice at all in person in the sunlight looks totally different sparkles go crazy, when i picked it up from powdercoater and took it in the sunlight i got weakneed just blew me away, blew rick from rnh performance and is buddy away when they saw it, i just cant wait to see that intake and valve covers surrounded by nothing but chrome and billet sittin on top of my new 333 stroker built by rnh performance, i beat up on my 401K for this what the hell i figure as fast as the money was declining why not!. Words cant explain how much im looking forward to the outcome, and working with Rick on this project is like working with a best freind, im not saying this stuff cause hes got my car im saying it because 3 days dont go by without and update and the passion he has towards the build since hes had my car i have been sleeping great :sleep::hail2: rick

Nothing beats the looks of the Tubular GT-40 IMO:D

Front.jpg

Back.jpg
X eleventybillionquadrillion!!!

That part right there makes me want to buy another Fox. Just to have one of thoes on it :drool:
I am not a fan of under hood chrome (I like brushed) but damn if that aint the sexyest one I have ever seen. :hail2:

With a power adder how much hp can a GT40 support?

Yes, except you will need the 302 cobra/gt40/explorer lower.

There is a 351 and 302 version of the lower, but the uppers are pretty muh the same (minus some technical differences with the intake cover and bolt spacing)