Why does my TB say Edelbrock AND BBK on it??

super302

I'd do anything for free Bapples
May 29, 2004
Davenport, IA
Just like title says, did these two companies work together or something a while back :shrug:

The words are right next to each other on teh top where it connects to the intake, it says Edelbrock (small space) BBK

:shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

When I have done parts searches online, I have seen (several times) both lumped together, like:
'Edelbrock/BBQ throttle body'.

super302 said:
BBQ :drool:

mine says BBK not BBQ

just messing with you JT :cheers:
we're still E-Friends right :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
Wow, I guess I am hungrier than I thought. :rlaugh:

Yeah, we be cool, even though I dont know what a bapple is. :shrug: :cheers:

Edelbrock used to make TBs for BBK a few years back. Vic put a stop to that and a lot of other outside work.

Edelbrock owns Russell though. The only thing they really make for outside companys is shocks and struts now. Long story. Learned about it on a tour of the facility. Notice edelbrock is no longer a public company.

It is deffinetly strange to walk into the machine building and see a few thousand heads piled on piles of more piles. If you are ever in SoCal, try to get into a Saturday tour group. Great time......

When I was on the phone with the tech line at Edelbrock, I asked about this and the person said that BBK used to make the TBs for Edelbrock, but they ditched them due to some quality control issues.

So, yeah, they pretty much are the same blueprint, but hopefully the Eddy has a better quality casting and finish machining.