Will They Fit?

• Sponsors (?)

Before you buy, have you looked into the offset and backspacing they offer? They look good, but make sure they offer the correct backspacing and offset needed to install without fitment issues. Also make sure the center hub bore is correct to your application. If it is not correct then they may not slide over the hub or the center bore may be to large and may cause issues also such as wobbling or vibration while driving.

Also keep in mind the center hub bore size as to ensure that the rim will slide over your hub and not butt up against and not seat and rest n hub. The center hub bore size is 70.3, a lot of these aftermarket non-vehicle specific dealers tend to have foreign vehicles in mind. So just check into that also. Also make sure the rim accepts acorn beveled end and not slip thru lugs for a perfect fit also. The lug nut size on Mustangs are 1/2x20. Just some useful tips for you, good luck, also I tell you what, those MRII rims that are shown under the ones you are showing look good in my opinion too.

Yeah I have noticed there is a small selection of rims geared towards our cars, and a lot of the foreign ones do not have the needed spec. The MRII do look really good and the prices are fair, but the off set only goes up to +10 on the MRII :(. Well I was just looking for something a bit different but might have to go with GT500 or something guaranteed to fit our cars. Stangr5oh do you have any advice on wheel sizes and lowering? I plan on running HR SS springs and koni yellows so I will have a decent drop. Would 18 still fit with out rubbing or 17 seem like a better bet?

To answer your question about will 18's fit vs 17's, the rim diameter is not a factor to fitment. The tires you put on will be though. What this is called is upsizing or downsizing. Whatever wheel diameter you go with, the tire will have to be sized accordingly by height to the stock tire. Just remember 3 things about tire size, for example, 315/35/17 (315 is the tread width in mm's, 35 is the tire sidewall height and 17 is the rim diameter) to put into perspective, 315mm wide is the tread width, 35 means the sidewall height is 35% of the tread width, which in this example is 315mm. I went with staggered 17's on mine as that is my of my liking, staggered meaning the wheels are of different width, as mine are 17x9 & 17x10.5 and the front tires are 275/40/17 and the back are 315/35/17. Now even though the tires are of different size, the overall diameter is the same of that of stock setup. If you go with 18's, and you are looking at 18x9's for example, you would want to go with 265/35/18's. If you wanted to go staggered as I did but in 18's instead of 17's then you would go with 18x9 & 18x10 with tires being 265/35/18 and 285/35/18. Those sizes mentioned are the same overall diameter of stock tire height and will not offset your speedo.

Hope I wrote that as so you could understand the tire and wheel fitment works. Just remember one thing about wheel diameter, the larger the diameter you go, the smaller the tire sidewall will be. And the smaller you go on the sidewall, the harsher the ride will be. Larger sidewalls allow for better cushioning when you hit potholes and large bumps or imperfections on the road. The tire expands or cushions the blow. If the sidewall is minimal, then you will feel every little bump in the road and that my friend is not comforting.

Yeah it was very well written. I should have specified my tire size as well haha. I was planning on 275/40 up front and not sure if i am going staggered or not yet. More or less I was worried about the clearance of the wheel (tire included) on about a 2.5 inch drop. Currently I am running 275/45 ( decently beefy for DD) which are all fine and dandy but i think 18's look a bit better depending on wheel style, so I woud have to shrink my thickness to accommodate. Good information! I needed a refresher on tire mating.

Lot's to ponder before throwing on some new shoes.

well 2.5" drop is a more than I would go, and does put a different perspective on what tire size will work as clearance comes into play with tire rub and turning radius capability too. That is going to require new caster/camber plates for the alignment specs. I do not know if they make the plates to adjust that much camber for that big of a drop. I went with AM SR springs for mine which allowed for up to 1.5" drop all around and I took it to get aligned and had the tech adjust toe only so he could tell me the specs I needed on the caster/camber plates for proper adjustment. Not all plates are the same and some adjust more than others. So for me it was wise to have the alignment tech tell me the adjustment I needed and then I purchased the plates. Remember most alignment shops give upwards to a year warranty on alignments which means you can always come back and have it realigned at no cost. So once I got my plates in, I took it back and they installed them and adjusted my camber and caster within spec at no cost.

Not sure yet. Maybe 275's. Looking for opinions.
275's are going to be "tight" on a 10" wheel. They'll technically fit, but will offer almost no lateral movement and absolutely zero curb rash protection for the rim. I can actually see the lip of the rim protruding past the edge of the tire on mine.

EDIT....nevermind, I just saw you quoted their 9" wheel. Should fit with zero issues. After all, the '03 Cobra's ran a 9" wheel with a 275mm tire.

At Mattstang04- They are awesome looking wheels. I think I will just call the manufacture and as for the backspacing spec and if they know if they will fit on our cars.

Gearbanger- Sweet, what tire size are you running? 275? do you like the slight "stretch

Gearbanger- Sweet, what tire size are you running? 275? do you like the slight "stretch

I've got 275's, but on a 10" wheel. No, I'm not a fan of the stretch. I'm sure it makes it handle better since there is no lateral movement between the wheel and the tire, but like I said, I've got zero curb rash or pothole protection in the off chance that I get too close to a curb when pulling up, or hit a doozy while the road is under construction. The narrow tire also makes it ride measurably rougher, so keep that in mind when you make your selection.

The 275's on a 9" wheel would be about perfect. If I had to replace my 275's, I'll probably look into 315's for them. They're a little wide for my 10" rim, but not obnoxiously so.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice! Picture?

I have messaged the supplier asking for the back spacing but i know the max offset is 25+ on the xt-005 wheels I was talking about. Looking at the FR500 wheels from AM they run a 24+ offset and a 5.94" backspacing. So it seems like only the back spacing is in question for these wheels am I correct?

EDIT
I just got word back from the supplier ( damn that was fast), and they do have people running these wheels on an 01 gt. They did say that a 5 mm spacer was used in the rear but I am currently trying to see if it was aesthetic or needed.