Electrical Window Motor(new) Issue: Opposite Direction

I just got a new Motorcraft driver's door window motor and once I installed it and tested it before putting the door panel back on, it is going in the wrong direction. When I push down on the switch, the window goes up; when I push up, the window goes down. It's also pretty noisy, but obviously that's no big deal compared to the motor going in the wrong direction.

It's not possible to install it backwards or plug it in backwards, and when I plug in the new motor and the old motor with it uninstalled the gear on the new one does go in the opposite direction from the old one. The wiring that is visible is all the same, I'm assuming something is backwards inside that you can't see. Obviously I don't want to tear anything apart myself though when it's a new motor that I could just return.

I just wanted to make sure before reinstalling the old one and returning the new one, though, that there isn't some stupid simple little thing that I'm having a brain fart on. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Swap the wires on the motor, this will swap direction. They might have just wired the motor wrong from factory. Take two small wires and jump between connectors, but backwards from current wiring and watch what happens. I would just cut the two motor wires swap slice in.

IMO you should consider the possibility that you were sold a passenger's motor instead of the driver's motor.

However, if I were faced with the same problem, likely I would just unpin the wires at the connector and reverse as suggested above.

Swap the wires on the motor, this will swap direction. They might have just wired the motor wrong from factory. Take two small wires and jump between connectors, but backwards from current wiring and watch what happens. I would just cut the two motor wires swap slice in.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that but considering it's new and plus noisy as well I went ahead and took it back... Thanks though, just wanted to make sure others were thinking the same way I was and that I wasn't having some brain fart haha. Go from working on cars all day every day to as rarely as I do now and something weird like that can make you doubt yourself a little and want a second opinion haha.

IMO you should consider the possibility that you were sold a passenger's motor instead of the driver's motor.

However, if I were faced with the same problem, likely I would just unpin the wires at the connector and reverse as suggested above.

Yeah I was kind of wondering that too... I'm not sure the passenger would look exactly the same and still fit in though. Either way, my buddy in the parts department checked and it's the wrong parts number, he's thinking like I am that something probably was just connected wrong when during reman.