window tint

Rasikajay

Nov 26, 2009
Herndon, VA
Hi everyone, I am thinking about removing my window tint which is 20%. The reason I want to remove it is because the tint has bubbles everywhere. I think im gonna get a 50% window tint becuase the tints laws in VA are really strict. Does anyone have any pics of there stang with a 50% tint?

• Sponsors (?)

Here is mine with 35%. It's a pretty good representation of what it normally looks like. It's not as dark as I like, but I don't want to chance getting a ticket. As timeless said, I wouldn't spend money on 50%. Heck, I wouldn't spend money on 35%, but it was on the car when I bought it.

1001864q.jpg

The tan interior will make it look lighter but at 50% really it won't matter. I lived in VA forever and kept my windows darker then legal.

P7160003.jpg

I averaged a ticket a year for it. I always paid my fine and just went on. Mine is a little over the limit at 2%.

just get an eye doctor to write you a note saying you need tint because otherwise the sun hurts your eyes. Why pay for a ticket when there are perfectly legal ways to avoid them?

Yeah I kept hearing that then I actually did do that, I wear glasses, and they really cracked down on it. Basically, I have to be like 80 with a real medical condition to get that :(

I live in VA too, I've had 18% tint before and got maybe 3 tickets in 2 years, however I was pulled over for something else each time. It was on a black car too and it looked real dark.

I would NOT get 50%, it's almost unnoticeable. You are almost 100% guaranteed not to ever get a tint ticket with 35% tint (which was the legal limit until recently). In fact, you might not get much trouble with 20%, depending on how loud your car is, where you live, how you drive, all that. Having a domestic car seems to help with these sorts of tickets too.

I'm actually not a fan of dark tint. I prefer the smoked look IMHO. It gives the interior a little depth, but still dark enough where you really can't see. Going too dark (more than 15%) looks bad IMHO. I've seen guys do double 5% on their cars and 25% on the windshield.

Keep in mind, putting 35% film on factory glass makes the VLT darker than 35%. I have 35% on my G35 and on the glass it reads 27% on the meter. Plenty dark IMHO.

The tan interior will make it look lighter but at 50% really it won't matter. I lived in VA forever and kept my windows darker then legal.

P7160003.jpg

I averaged a ticket a year for it. I always paid my fine and just went on. Mine is a little over the limit at 2%.

I hate you lol. Makes me want to get the windows tinted on my MG stang even more now :(

just get an eye doctor to write you a note saying you need tint because otherwise the sun hurts your eyes. Why pay for a ticket when there are perfectly legal ways to avoid them?

Ha....I actually did try that and I have an un diagnosed eye problem after 9 years of tests and still got denied. I am rockin 5% in all my vehicles and like it and the dark tint truely does help me during the day.

Wow! You guys can actually legally put tint on the front doors? Man, in California they say you can't have anything on the two front doors. I've gotten 3 tickets for having 35%. The last one was 3 years ago. Had to pay 90 bucks to keep it on, or I could of taken it off and pay a $10 fix it ticket. Now it's getting even worse. Just the other day my friend came out of the mall in Temecula to find a ticket on his window for tinted windows. So now basically the cops can troll private parking lots and ticket you even if you're not in the car. Yeaaah So-Cal! Hey in there defense, how else are they gonna make up for a 40 billion deficit? - Wish I lived somewhere in the mid-west. :(

My daughter got a ticket for illegal tint an it was $225 with court costs. Ohio is 50% on front doors, 35 on rear side an 20% on rear window last i checked. She had 35 on front doors. I did on my focus st an never had a prob but I'm a 40 year old guy not crankin gansta rap. With all the states needing money I would think tint is easy money when it comes to writing tickets.

With all the states needing money I would think tint is easy money when it comes to writing tickets.

+1

I think it depends on the cop and the car (a little bit of stereotyping might play a role here) but tint tickets would be an easy money maker with states hurting for cash.

I know they say that isn't true, but i recently got my first ticket EVER last fall for 45MPH in a 35MPH and couldn't even get out of that at all. At the hearing, nobody was getting out of their petty tickets at all. :(

wow i figured cali wouldnt care really huh. i live in iowa and the only tint ticket that any of my friends have gotten was one for 20% but it was blue so it stood out other than that they really dont care here its all about exhuast tickets