window tint

• Sponsors (?)

This is 35% film But with a meter it measures 27% VLT due to the natuaral tint of the bare glass.

Mass legal is 35%, so i'm slightly illegal. I usually drive around with the sunroof open or such to let light in and brighten the windows up. But i get nervous on cloudy rainy days when i keep the roof closed and the windows up. It looks much darker than here then.

attachment.php

I think it's silly that SUV's and trucks and minivans can have the rear windows tinted fairly dark from the factory. I think i measured the OEM tint on an SUV once and it was 18% or something on my meter. WHy can they have it OEM and cars have lower limits? You could sit in the the back of an SUV with a rocket launcher and nobody would see you, but cars are a different story?

Attachments

• DSC00250crop.jpg
    DSC00250crop.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 987
True .... that got me thinking, are louvres (sp) legal then? I've never heard of them being ILLegal

I think it's silly that SUV's and trucks and minivans can have the rear windows tinted fairly dark from the factory. I think i measured the OEM tint on an SUV once and it was 18% or something on my meter. WHy can they have it OEM and cars have lower limits? You could sit in the the back of an SUV with a rocket launcher and nobody would see you, but cars are a different story?

I love dark as can be (especially living in Phoenix, AZ)
I used to have 5% all around on my old car and it really helps in hot hot summers, easily keeping it at least 10 degrees cooler in your car.
On my mustang now I got 5% on rear and 20% on front with a huge 5% strip across top of my windshield to block as much sun as possbile. If I were to do it again I'd go 5% all around

That's seriously 35% all around? I may have to go darker then.

look at how sunny it is compared to reddaemon's pic, also notice how much further away and the upward angle compared to a downward angle. 35% isnt that dark on a bright sunny day, but on a cloudy day or when the sun is going down it looks alot darker.