wiring up a bap?

grey03cobravert

Sep 20, 2006
i got an 03 cobra was wondering how you wire it up ?

do you have it with the vac. sending switch
or on all the time . im geting mixed reveiw, everywhere , so i dont know?

if you dont use the sending sw. you hook it up b4 the f/p unit ?

im confused?

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC, it wires up to a brown wire with a purple stripe coming off the fuel cutoff switch in the trunk. Then you need the two post vacuum switch that you splice into the vacuum line going to the FMU and wire up to the BAP.

I would get a relay and wire it up as shown. If you don't have a consistent voltage to the BAP your fuel persure could change rapidly if the voltage falls off, a very bad thing. I have seen people wire it to the taillight for power(mine that way when I bought the car) everytime I would step on the brakes I could hear the fuel pump change pitch.
I am not sure on the returnless fuel systems but I would think if you did not have the vacum switch you would be adding more fuel when you did not need it, only want the BAP to push more volts when under boost.:shrug:

IIRC, it wires up to a brown wire with a purple stripe coming off the fuel cutoff switch in the trunk. Then you need the two post vacuum switch that you splice into the vacuum line going to the FMU and wire up to the BAP.
i dont have a fmu i got 03 cobra with the retrunless sytem still , theres 2 ways to do it , i dont know what one to use , where i got the kit from says wire it like the inst, say? but theres to way .. 03 cobra way and i alt way?:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Wire it BEFORE the FPDM for most applications. That way you are feeding the FPDM more voltage but it and the processor are still in control of the fuel pump. If you wire it after the FPDM, then you lose some FP control and get rich spikes when the FP voltage increases.

Use KB's method for wiring it on really high HP cars only.

Don

Wire it BEFORE the FPDM for most applications. That way you are feeding the FPDM more voltage but it and the processor are still in control of the fuel pump. If you wire it after the FPDM, then you lose some FP control and get rich spikes when the FP voltage increases.

Don

kbs way is to do it after the fpdm?put the fused bap wire to the brown and pink wire mm the othe part of that wire thats cut gose to the unfused said ..

not like the dia, whan its goes to teh battery with the 4 pole relay? :shrug:
shed alittle more light please