Woes...engine Woes...

Three50won

10 Year Member
Jul 11, 2010
So I have engine troubles. What I learned is that a GT tank cannot hanndle a 310 LPH pump with 42 psi injectors or a boosted engine. It kept going lean at WOT and I tried to figure out what was wrong with it. Unfortunately by the time I figured out the problem the damage was done. But it isn't severe. I blew a couple valves on the passenger side. But it is fine because I have Patriot stage 2 heads ready to go on. And I'm gonna get some aftermarket cams also. And once it is all put back together I'm getting rid of the GT tank and going back to a Cobra tank. That really is the best way to go. Only thing is that it the job is rated at 20 hours and the shop I got to here in NJ is giving me a discounted rate of $80/hour. Which means $1600 for the heads/cams install. Oh well. So it will be going in sometime over the next few days or so.

• Sponsors (?)

I've seen it said in many places that our tanks are bad because they aren't baffled. This allows gas to slosh away from the pick up on hard acceleration and run the motor lean. Some seem to have issues and some don't. I wonder if it has more to do with how much gas you keep in the tank. Figure with half a tank, unless you can manage nitro like acceleration, you'll be good no matter what.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I've seen it said in many places that our tanks are bad because they aren't baffled. This allows gas to slosh away from the pick up on hard acceleration and run the motor lean. Some seem to have issues and some don't. I wonder if it has more to do with how much gas you keep in the tank. Figure with half a tank, unless you can manage nitro like acceleration, you'll be good no matter what.

I agree. I dont see how that can be an issue unless you're running with the fuel light on lol