Women Love Mustangs, Too

Andrea Eskin

Aug 19, 2014
I came here looking for advice on how to adjust the front headrest in my 2012 Mustang. Who designed that torture device? Obviously someone who's never heard of human systems integration. I'm a 5'3" female, and no matter how I struggle with that headrest, I can't move it to a comfortable position. Both front headrests are locked in the highest position where they do me absolutely no good, and the passenger seat headrest also creates a blindspot at that height. What's the deal? I didn't have this problem with my 2007 Mustang. Who can tell me how to adjust these things to accommodate a driver of my size? Women love Mustangs, too. Man, I do NOT want to have to drive my husband's Prius!

• Sponsors (?)

And spare me the "Mustang Sally" jokes. I love my Mustang not for its pretty color, not because I think I look cute driving it, but for its performance. Been driving more than 40 years and always preferred an engine with some giddyup. It has saved my life a couple of times when inattentive geezers threatened to plow into me and I could hit the gas quick and maneuver out of their way. This is a fine car, and a classic that I am proud to own. I've wanted one since they first came out and was finally able to afford to buy my first one in 2006. Got myself a pony for Christmas. Don't think I'll ever drive anything else. But that @#$#! headrest needs to go!

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 13 GT Convert. If I pull the top of the headrest to the front of the car the headrest will ratchet to give a bunch of different angles. Pull all the way and the headrest will go back to the least angle. Hope yours will do the same.

To get the headrest to go to it's lowest just push the release buttons on the plastic piece on top of the seat where the headrest post enter the seat. There's a button on each post, might take two people, one to push the buttons and one to push down on the headrest. Don't push too hard and pinch the hands of the person pressing the buttons.