Won't Stay Running

eric92

Jun 27, 2016
I have a 92 fox. I put two small 250 watt subs in the car and fried my alternate and wires. I replaced the alternator and had to make my own pig tail connector for it. O'Reilly sent me the wrong one and then said the one I needed they no longer carried. Car started idling really bad after wards and got worse with the higher rpms. So me and my auto shop teacher checked the sparkplugs and they had white tips which I believe he said means the cars getting to much air. So I replaced them. Still idled and ran the same. Replace the sparkplug wires. They were crappy and were shocking me and my teacher when we woud go to pull them with the wire puller and we even had rubber gloves on and still felt the arking. Sucked like hell. Idled and ran the same. Turned out to be my harmonic balancer. Ran smooth after replacing it and then started my major problem. The car starts and runs and whem I go to give it gas it starts to jump like it would go and then die and then pick back up. When I give it full throttle it works fine. Only does it when I give little gas to drive like a good person. Now it starts, runs, drives for like 10 ft and then dies. I've replaced the distributer also and distributer cap. Ran a scan tool on it and read no problems. But obviiusly there's a problem. Replaced air filter. Fuel pump. Fuel filter. Like said before i replaced The spark plug wires and spark plugs, Harmonic balancer, distibuter and distributer cap. Checked timing set to 12°. Tried turning it to 14° but ran the same and still dies. Cleaned the MAS (Mas air sensor) with MAS cleaner spray from autozone. Replaced IAC (idle air control). It gets perfect fuel pressure, air, compression, and voltage. I really want to get it running right again. Miss driving it.

• Sponsors (?)

No code 11 (two flashes when the computer dumps the codes)? A perfectly functioning system will always get a code 11, it is the everything is OK code. The 11 code is computer passed its internal self test.
If you don't get an 11, you have computer or wiring problems.
Please check and repost.